Reload this Page >

Leed's Good Guide

Search

Leed's Good Guide

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2001, 09:54 AM
Matt Blackmon

Leed's Good Guide

Does anyone have a link to Leed's Good Guide? An internet search turns up a redirect to the insider's guides with no information on Leeds.... Am I missing something? <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old May 3rd, 2001, 10:54 AM
carol

http://www.parisinsiderguides.com/leeds/ <BR> <BR>Hi Matt: <BR> <BR>Try the above site--I got all the info re Leeds Guides at it. Hope it works for you.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 11:03 AM
StCirq

I just tried it and it deadends in the Paris InsiderGuides site, with no link to anything related to food or restaurants. Hmmm......

Old May 3rd, 2001, 11:08 AM
carol

This is so bizarre--I just copied it and tried it again successfully-- wha's up???!!!!!

Old May 3rd, 2001, 11:10 AM
Peg

Got an e-mail from Adrian Leeds yesterday. New website is www.chezfrog.com You can download (for free)her top ten Paris restaurants.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 11:44 AM
matt

Thanks Peg! You have indeed found the correct link, and I have acquired the guide. Now, to prepare!!!!!!

Old May 3rd, 2001, 02:19 PM
Gourmet

Thanks for the tip on the free download. Anybody pay for the whole guide and was it worth it?

Old May 3rd, 2001, 03:46 PM
Austin

<BR>Thanks but Ill take Patricia Wells any day. Just punch in her name on any good search engine and learn something about good food reporting and good english

Old May 13th, 2001, 12:47 AM
Donna

I've just downloaded the current Leeds Good Value Guide to Paris Restaurants (http://insiderguidesparis.com/) Many restaurants have been added (to an already extensive list) since last year. I think I have every guide published for Paris (including the latest Routard and Bistros of Paris by the Hamburgers, both of which are excellent). Leeds is definitely my favorite, and well worth the price of the download. Every place we tried from this guide last June was a winner, most even better than anticipated. You'll find the price ranges of these restaurants much more reasonable than Patricia Wells' or Sandra Gustafson's guides. There's a huge difference between cheap food and really good food for reasonable prices. There are many advantages to a downloaded guide as well. With the rtf file, you can copy and paste the places you find most appealing (who has time to visit them all?) into another, smaller, file to print and take along. I copy and paste into my address book (I keep a separate one just for Paris), precluding typos, which I print and take along.

Old May 13th, 2001, 11:05 PM
Adrian Leeds

Many thanks to all of you for your support since moving the Leeds Good Value Guide to Paris Restaurants to my own publishing company (with partner, Tony Tidswell), Chez Frog, LLC! I am pleased to know how well my guide is received and I will continue to work hard to improve it and bring you even more great finds. <BR> <BR>You can now find us, and lots of new guides to come, at www.chezfrog.com and www.insiderguidesparis.com! <BR> <BR>Also, for more news, you may want to subscribe to my new Paris-Voila free emailed Newsletter -- just send me an email with the subject line SUBSCRIBE to [email protected]. <BR> <BR>Thank you all again. <BR> <BR>Adrian Leeds

Old May 14th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Marcie

I love the Leeds Guide. At first I was worried that almost none of the places are listed in all the other guides. And the prices seemed just too low for really good food. After trying one place, then another, I realized they're perhaps just undiscovered or one or two blocks over from all the places listed in the other guides from one edition to the next. I reluctantly recommend this guide. It's a real find for anyone who's on a budget visiting Paris. I'm hoping when it catches on these gems won't be spoiled.