Leaving in a few days!

Search

Leaving in a few days!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaving in a few days!

I just wanted to thank everyone who had been tremendously helpful and generous with their suggestions/comments. I wanted to say thanks to all Fodorites but there was actually one tool who branded me a troll because I dared ask about potable water conditions in the land that apparently developed the world's sewage and railroad system. I guess trolls are not aware of this...

Anyway, I have Phil's Amazing Race standard opening speech running in my mind as I type up this post. Mine goes something like this: 115 days; 1 continent; 5 cities; 10 hotels booked - 5 cancelled hotel reservations; 2 airport pick-ups reserved; 2 train tickets; 6 flights booked; 5 weeks of visa processing (!!!); a few museum/attraction tickets reserved; 60 odd posts; and endless hours of reading this board...

So see you Fodorites who will be in Europe mid-to-late June. I will be wearing skirts, capris, and Ecco walking shoes. But I refuse to wear black daily. How can you bear the heat with that colour?! And yes, I will be lugging Rick Steves' books around Europe with me - it's an easy read for me compared to those guidebooks that tend to sound like an encyclopedia. And yes, I will also be lugging around a big and heavy baggage - probably obsessing about how to meet airline baggage restrictions. I do listen and to all your suggestions and adjusts accordingly but I'm afraid some things you can't take out of a girl - no matter how seriously she wants this trip to work like clockwork (a Patek Philippe at that!)

Look forward to hearing from you again in our next family trip - next year maybe?
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 07:21 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Bet you thought it would never get here - have a great trip!
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 07:55 AM

Have a wonderful and safe trip!!
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 08:33 AM

Well? You asked the question you wanted answers to...got the answers and here you go! Bon Voyage. I'm envious.

(take me, please?)
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 09:00 AM

have an awesome time
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 11:59 AM

Well you could come back here before next year - maybe post a trip report (hint, hint)
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 04:29 AM

Zizz

I hope you have a wonderful trip, and enjoy every minute of it, dont waste a second of your holiday on wondering what people think of you. Life is too short for that of rubbish.

Enjoy and have fun