Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Leave luggage in Venice hotel after checkout?

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:45 AM
John

Here in the US I often check out of a hotel around noon, and if my plane does not leave until late afternoon or evening, I can leave my luggage in the hotel, go out for
a few hours and then back to retrieve my luggage and leave town< AT NO EXTRA COST>

Does anyone know if hotels in Venice in general allow that. I plan to check out in the morning, but take the train to Florence in the afternoon.

Thanks

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:49 AM
Belinda

I've done it at both hotels I've stayed at in Venice. I think it's standard practice.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:57 AM
Ira

Hi John,
I have had no trouble leaving the luggage for a while at the desk.
However, I suggest that you ask when you make your reservation.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:58 AM
xxx

I don't know of any hotel anywhere that doesn't allow it. Of course, it may be at your own risk in many cases, but it's allowable. We always do this as we don't want to bring our luggage with us wherever we go.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 09:47 AM
Gina

Hi, John.

On our visit to Rome, our hotel, Hotel Lautrec Opera, had a storage room to store bags after check out. I imagine most, if not all, hotels do it.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 10:36 AM
pam

We stayed at the much mentioned hereabouts La Calcina and they do permit guests to leave luggage before check out. For what it's worth La Calcina is a very convenient place to stay for access to either the train station or the airport.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 10:59 AM
John

Thanks for all your advices. I know that it is a "standard practice" in US/Canada, but in Europe you never know, especially with some smaller hotels I thought space could be a problem for them.