Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

LE CLOS MEDICIS OR JARDINS DE CLUNY HOTEL, PARIS

Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:15 AM
Mara

Can anyone give me feedback regarding these two hotels if their family (triple) rooms are any good? Of course their websites look nice but how are the rooms really-especially for the prices they're charging.

Much thanks.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:18 AM
small

Very small triples at both. Really just doubles with a cot that takes up what little spare room there was to start. But the area is good.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:23 AM
mara

Then how about the Grand Hotel St. Michel-better for triples?

Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:40 AM
Susan

The Jardin de Cluny has an excellent location (in the 5th district): easy to walk to Notre Dame, the Cluny Museum, & to plenty of restaurants on Rue Mouffetard.
We stayed there twice. Each time we requested a room on the back (much nicer than the front rooms - same price I think). Rooms were O.K. (large enough) & have minibars.
Hotel staff very nice.
There's an attractive place to eat breakfast in the basement.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:41 AM
Susan

Oops! Sorry I didn't read your post cafefully as to triple/family rooms! I don't know if this hotel even has them.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:08 PM
xxx

I just noticed this post in another thread and don't know if you saw it:

Message: you can check out grand hotel st. michel. we stayed in a suite. it wasn't all that roomy but we were family of 4 so they added an extra bed. it's 2 rooms, one with a queen and one with a day bed. it has a mini-bar, 2 tvs, the toilet and shower/sink are in separate rooms. Hotel is in the 5th. It's 3*, has a pleasant lobby and very good breakfast buffet (at additional cost). The biggest negative for us was our room had a courtyard view which wasn't a view at all. The bright side of that was, no street noise. some decent reasonable restaurants right in the area.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:03 PM
cheryl

I just posted a message on this same topic-Grand Hotel St. Michel. I enquired of the hotel and was told that the suites they're offering do not have any view. I'm not sure why they told you you'd get a courtyard view. No view is allright I suppose as long as everything else is good. Based on your posting I think I'll go ahead and book. Thanks!