Layover in Paris

Sep 29th, 2002, 04:03 PM
James Rose

Layover in Paris

On the first Saturday afternoon in November I have a layover of several hours at the Paris airport. Since I've never been to Paris, would I have at least time to take a trip downtown to the see the Eifel Tower or the Arch de Truimph? How long would a taxi ride there take?

Sep 29th, 2002, 04:07 PM
xx

Several hours is not enough time to leave the airport and travel in to Paris. Stay put and don't take a chance on missing your flight.

Sep 29th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Doug

A taxi ride to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees and Eiffel tower would take approx 45 minutes. If you have never seen them I suggest that you do everything possible to do so.
If your time ( couple hours) is after clearing customs and immigration and without luggage ( or minimal amount) then a taxi ride to and from these sites would cost approx. 50 to 60 euro and it seems to me to be no brainer. Go for it!

Sep 29th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Jayelle

I would say that several hours would be cutting it too close. I've had some very long waits to clear passport control leaving from CDG (don't know if you're flying from CDG or Orly). I wouldn't risk it.

Sep 29th, 2002, 05:13 PM
janis

What do you mean by "several" hours? Three? Seven? Why so vague? It makes a HUGE difference.

Anything less than 5 hours you should not risk leaving the airport - Clearing Immigration, getting into the city, getting back, and checking in 2 hours prior to your flight all take time.