Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

layoffs, they are a-coming. any job openings overseas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Beth Anderson

Hi y'all <BR> <BR>we find out TODAY if our department gets hit. For a while we thought we would be OK, but now we are not so sure - everyone is running scared. <BR> <BR>anyone know of any job openings in telecoms, overseas? HA HA HA <BR> <BR>anyway, may be my last jaunt for a while. take a look at my most recent pics... Saly was kind enough to put some up. (there is a new one today, actually)... <BR> <BR>http://geocities.com/dhfsbf/fodorite/pictures.htm <BR> <BR>thanks y'all! if I get laid off I may just buy a one way ticket to London/Paris and come what may... <BR> <BR>Beth

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 10:30 AM
robin-k

Beth: <BR> <BR>You can rule out AT&T (domestic & international) --- I've got another month until I'm off payroll. <BR> <BR>At least I did get a small severance package, which will give me a small cushion after I'm kicked to the curb on Nov-2nd.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Beth Anderson

Robin, sorry about that! this is a bad time all around. <BR> <BR>typo - I meant to say Sally not Saly... <BR> <BR>and, just got out of our meeting. 6 out of 11 of us in our little group are getting axed... ugh. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 02:13 PM
robin-k

Thanks, Beth. <BR> <BR>What really bums me out is that we were notified on Sept-4th (day after Labor Day!). And at that time, I thought, 'maybe this would be a good opportunity to make a major life change and try to find a vocation involving travel' ---- now of course, that ain't a direction to be headed in either . . . Ah well . . .

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Tammy

I hear your pain. I worked for a software company that targets billing solutions for telecom companies. I was laid off Sept 11. I've decided to call this time off, my "unplanned vacation" and try to enjoy it as much as possible.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 09:32 PM
Linda

Robin, at least you found out BEFORE you embarked on a career in travel. I'm just over 1/2 way thru school for a certificate in travel and tourism. I can only hope things improve before I graduate.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 06:04 AM
robin-k

Big bummer. Linda, I hope we can ALL get back in our travel mode by the time you graduate. And I'll tuck away your e-mail address for future need.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 02:52 PM
Miriam

Hi Beth and others, <BR> <BR>sorry to hear about your jobs. I know that advertising is not aloud on the board and I`m not into it, but I`m recruiting IT and Telco people for about 7 years in Europe (like a Headhunter). <BR>I can`t promise anything, but I maybe can help or give you some hints what to do. <BR> <BR>Just send me a mail-it`s my real address. <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 04:08 PM
Well, well

Does that mean that some of you will be looking for a real job, not one where you spend all your time on the Fodors Board.