Lay Over At Heathrow

Jun 11th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Nancy

Lay Over At Heathrow

I am arriving at Heathrow at 8:30Pm and am catching a early morning flight out(7am)
Any suggestions for an inexpensive, safe and clean hoetl forthe one night in the airport? Thanks Nancy

Jun 11th, 2001, 05:02 PM
Gerry K

Nancy, the Heathrow Hilton couldn't
be much more convenient, but it might
be too costly for you. Try pricing
it at Travelocity or Expedia.

Cheers,

Gerry K

Jun 11th, 2001, 05:07 PM
XXX

Try the Forte Hotel Chain, they have a location at all England airports and they're reasonably priced.

Jun 11th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Betsy

I pulled a real brilliant move in August at Heathrow. I was so excited to go home I showed up at the airport a day early! So, I had to scramble to find a room at the airport. I went to the room finding service right there at the airport. They got me a room at the local Sheraton for only $75. It was a a bargain rate and one was available at the Hilton as well. So I would try just showing up and inquiring at the airport hotel desk. I was traveling at the height of the season. By the way the only difference between staying at the Sheraton there versus at home was the English accents. So even though I had to wait a day, I felt like I was back home anyway.

Jun 11th, 2001, 05:31 PM
curious

Why were you in a hUrry, They have to pull me dragging and screaming to the plane?