Le Sirenuse in Positano

Jun 10th, 2001, 03:19 AM
Natalie

Le Sirenuse in Positano

I have reservations for a room there with no balcony or view, will I be disappointed? This room is still over $300 per night.
Any first hand experience w/this type of room at Le Sirenuse? Thanks!

Jun 10th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Tina

No view??? And you're staying at one of Positano's more expensive hotels ???

I'd consider changing to a less 'foo-foo' place that CAN offer you a view. I've not stayed at Le Sirenuse --- have sat in their lovely lounge during late afternoon for a pre-dinner drink. Actually was staying at a place directly across the street called Villa Rosa, at which I did have a balcony -- sat out there each morning, after they brought me my morning cappuccino & croissant.

Been to Positano twice & enjoy this charming (albeit a tad touristy) town. And I'd LOVE to be able to afford to stay at Le Sirenuse, however NO WAY would I pay that much money to be there and not have a view.

Jun 10th, 2001, 09:16 AM
BillJ

I agree. No view - no stay. Try next door at l'Ancora. Great views and rooms. Stayed there 4 years ago at about half the cost of it's high priced neighbor, as we recall. We had great views, a balcony, floor to ceiling louvered doors. Fantastic.

Jun 11th, 2001, 12:41 AM
crc

Natalie,
I agree with the others...why pay that much for a room (even if it at Le Sirenuse) and not get what you want--the view/balcony. I'm staying in Positano the last four nights of our honeymoon this July and we've booked the Villa Franca. Rate is appx. 540,000 lire per night--for a deluxe room (and buffet breakfast) with balcony and full ocean view. Our travel agent highly recommended it. The hotel has a restaurant, pool and health spa. Check out their website--www.villafrancahotel.it. Enjoy your trip--no matter where you stay!

Jun 11th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Nancy

Second that for L'Ancora. Stayed there for three wonderful days and all that the previous poster said is true. We "lucked" into staying there, without reservations one April, but I'd strongly suggest you make them ahead of time.

Jun 11th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Anna

We have just returned from the San Pietro & would wholeheartedly recommend it over the Sirenuse. There are no bad rooms there. Although some are small, they all have balconies, views & jacuzzis (Icould go on for hours about the service, food....). It is in the same price bracket too.

Jun 11th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Natalie

Thanks everyone,
I wish I had posted this earlier. It is too late to get out of our reservation...we leave next week. It's also too late to get another hotel anyway. I guess I was hoping you all would say the $ was worth it to stay in such a wonderful hotel. We'll just have to get our view from the restaurant, pool, etc.

I'll post back when I return.

Jun 11th, 2001, 03:43 PM
BillJ

Natalie, when you get there, consider making a scene. You might luck out. I bet you are going to love Positano anyway. It is a fantastically special and romantic place. Restaurants down below on the beach are all great, and there was a lively band playing on the beach bandstand one night we were there. Don't drink too much or get too full, the walk back up is gruelling. Have a lot of fun, view or no. Caio!

Jun 11th, 2001, 05:36 PM
Elsa

Did the reservations/management dept. indicate that your room had no view? We stayed there a year ago, and it would seem that all rooms had some kind of a view whether it be of the town, sea, or hills. You probably won't spend a lot of time in your room, but I bet it will be charming. Maybe once you arrive, you can get a change of room.