Reload this Page >

Lausanne, Switzerland - anyone?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Tamara

Hi,<BR><BR>I am looking for excellent places to visit while in this city.<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR><BR>Tamara

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Henry

Hello Tamara,<BR> Make sure you take the ferry to Evian France across the lake. I did it at night and it was beautiful. Also the world headquarters for the olympics is located in Lausanne. I don't know how much experience you have in Switzerland my favorite city is Luzerne. Take care, Henry

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Janet

They have their own Notre Dame, and the walk to it, through town is so scenic. And the church is really awesome.<BR><BR>Make sure you stroll down to the lake itself, feed the swans, and experience the beautiful sunset!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Tamara

Dear Henry and Janet,<BR><BR>Thank you so kindly for giving me some tips. I greatly appreciate your input.<BR><BR>Kindest Regards,<BR><BR>Tamara

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Ursula

Tamara, <BR><BR>I highly recommend the Fondation de l'Hermitage, if you're interested in art. <BR>Gorgeous little museum. Excellent permanent exhibit.<BR>www.fondation-hermitage.ch<BR><BR>Furthermore, as mentioned above, visit the Olympic Museum, and why not take a trip to the close-by Vevey. Charming town on the lake.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Nick

Take boat trip to Montreux - Chinon Castle en route. Ouchy is the place to stay - right on the lake, take the funicular direct from main station. Ouchy is much nicer than in the centre (which in my view is nothing special - Berne is much prettier). For expensive night (or if budget permits, Beau Rivage Hotel in Ouchy has been one of the top 3 hotels in Switzerland for a number of years - 3 years in a row Best Business Hotel (but is an independent).

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 05:10 AM
jw

Hi Tamara, Lausanne is a gracious old city with one of my favorite smaller train stations. Do we already know how long you'll be there or at what time of the year? Taking a boat to Lutry or Rivaz and walking the vineyard trails should be added to your plans. <BR><BR>On my first trip to Switzerland years and years ago, my friends and I stayed at the Pension des Fleurettes. We had a big corner room with a view of the lake, and the memory of that stay and the city are among my fondest. Let me know if it is still there. Thanks, J.