Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Last minute trip to Barcelona tomorrow-anyone know of a limo service from airport to city?

Search

Last minute trip to Barcelona tomorrow-anyone know of a limo service from airport to city?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am leaving tomorrow with my two kids for a very last minute trip to Barcelona. We will only be there for a long weekend. I need to find a limo service(kinda like the ones in Rome) that can pick us up at the airport and drop us at our hotel in the downtown section of Barcelona. Thanks!
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
We used the train. Is that not an option?

There is also a shuttle bus every 15 minutes from the airport to Placa Catalunya - Aerobus. Where is your hotel?
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM

You can contact your hotel to make arrangements, or try one of the following, although it may be a bit late for making a reservation.

http://www.thegoldenwheels.com/
http://tripsforvips.com/eng/index.html
http://www.autocarsesteve.com/
http://www.abaser.es/en/quienes_somos.asp
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 01:42 AM

Barcelona is an easy airport to navigate, and there are always plenty of taxis (they queue up for hours and then feed in from a remote lot).

The cab fare is less than 30 Euro...

With a limo, you have to find the driver, walk to the limo where it is parked, and wind up paying more. In the end it is not easier or cheaper.

Barcelona is very easy with a taxi, and there are no scams etc that I have seen, as in other capitals...just pay the meter plus a small charge per suitcase...and the drivers know the hotels.

The train and bus are also easy, but if you want door to door without hassle, taxis work fine there. It is only about 15 min to town. Rouss
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 06:12 AM

Hey Dutyfree where are you flying to BCN from if I may ask, we are leaving today too, wonder if we'll be on the same flight.
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

sorry Laartisa that I missed your comment. We left out of JFk for BCN and just got back tonight-long day!! Had a great time with my kids and really enjoyed Barcelona especially with the beautiful weather-we are supposed to get a great snowstorm again in ORD tomorrow..........Hope that your trip went well!
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 08:03 PM

How did you get into the city from the airport?
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Kybourbon-I should confess that I was trying to avoid any public transportation in Barcelona after what happened there last weekend before we left. I think because I was traveling with my kids I was very nervous about suicide bombings on public transport SO...........

As fate would have it, the taxis were absolutely ridiculous in fares from the airport to the city so we did take the airport bus to Plaza de Catalunya(sp?) and then taxi to the hotel which went well.

Ironically, we bought the on and off turista bus tickets but after standing in line for 35 minutes in the Plaza for the first bus we ended up trading them in for the Barcelona Card(bad move but could not get our money back) from tourist office. The Barcelona card gives you unlimited access to metro,buses and airport trains(which is how we ended up going back yesterday).There are very limited discounts on museums/attractions that we wanted so we ended up using public transportation the whole time which was ironic and very hard on my poor knees with all the changing and stairs.

I am a very big public transport person as I fly overseas everyweek for work but something really got to me with the stories on the news about the attempt to do suicide bombings on public transportation in Barcelona last weekend which was thwarted at the last hour.Then when the judge released two of the 10 guys for not enough evidence it just put my mind into overdrive about my kids. Go figure?
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 06:15 AM

dutyfree, it was not even an attempt, thankfully. They didn't have bombs or anything yet, police just suspected that maybe they were preparing something like that for what their informant told them and some detoners they found but everything is on the "investigation" stage.It was not inminent. News do like to make things a bit "greater" than they actually are. I think they should be more cautious in some occasions, after all..what the terrorists want is to install a "state of fear", I think journalists or TV reports should not help them on that.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

I agree, and because I travel everyweek to Europe I do try not to change my life around due to reports,etc. on the news. However, even my kids (22 and 25 with the 25 living in India now)were not keen on using the public transport after some of the stories came out last weekend.
My airline also has certain security info that they give to crewmembers about what not to do or do so that was why I was being more cautious.But that said-really glad that we went to Barcelona!!
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:38 PM

I hadn't heard about the attmepts in Barcelons and was just wondering if you had discovered a car service. I usually buy the T10 tickets for a brief stay, but it is quite a long transit and much walking sometimes in the underground.