Reload this Page >

Language translator

Search

Language translator

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Elsie

Language translator

Can anyone help me to find a Web site that provides useful travel sentences in several languages. <BR>Thank you

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Easy Talker

www.Translation.Langenberg.Com <BR>Try this.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 04:03 PM
virginia

http://officeupdate.lhsl.com/ <BR>from Microsoft if that is what you are using.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Wendy

Elsie, <BR> <BR>Parlo.com provides travel Italian, French, and Spanish. There are typically twelve lessons, all of which have an audio component, so that you can hear how the words should sound. I recently signed on for the travel Italian course ($39.00) and found it extremely helpful. Each lesson gives real life situations ( at the airport, the hotel, the bank, the grocery store) as well as information on different cultural aspects and areas of the country being studied. Great stuff! GOod luck!

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 05:03 PM
JOdy

Just asked this earlier today. Search undr LOST LANGUAGE WEBSITE. the one I remeber is www.traclang.com but here was another that was very good for limited phrases.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 05:05 PM
JOdy

Sorry its www.travlang.com

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Marcia

I found www.bigairparagliding.com to be extremely useful. Not only can you translate from English into any language you want, there's also a metric converter, etc. (click on tools in the left hand corner of the website)

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:54 PM
Randy

Take a look at this web site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/languages/index.shtml <BR>The BBC On Line web site had 5 or 6 languages to choose from and has video, audio and phrases. <BR> <BR>Also: www.altavista.com This search engine has a free transulation service.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 12:12 AM
harzer

Hi Elsie! <BR> <BR>I just tried the five translation services listed under the recommended site &lt;www.Translation.Langenberg.com&gt;. Alta Vista was one of them. <BR> <BR>I asked each of them to translate this sentence into German: <BR> <BR>'Which country do you find yourself instantly attracted to?' This sentence is not what a native speaker would call difficult or complicated. But every translation came up as sheer gobbledygook. <BR> <BR>I'm afraid the dream of machine translation is a long way off yet. Maybe you can get single word equivalents, but a sentence is beyond them. <BR> <BR>Alta Vista by the way has been a joke among professional translators for years. <BR> <BR>Good luck, <BR>Harzer