Lakeview Court Apartments

Jan 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Lakeview Court Apartments

An acquaintance suggested I look into the Lakeview Court Apartments near Buckingham Palace, (operated by Thistle?). I haven't found any reviews of this hotel here and can't find a contact number except through agents that I do not know. What is this place like? Does anyone have contact information for them? What is the neighborhood like? Is it convenient for tourists and theater-goers? Thanks for any information.
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM

It really isn't "a hotel", but is the top few floors of the Thistle Westminster. I believe you can book the flats directly through the hotel.
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks - I was hoping I could get some first hand opinions. Do you know the area around there? What is it like? I've never been to London. My husband wants to be "in the middle" of things, convenient and not much time on the tube. I prefer something a little quieter. Where does this place fall?
Thanks.
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM

It is in the very middle of things.

It is about a block from Victoria Station which is a major hub for trains, the tube, and bus routes. It is just down the street from Buckingham Palace, St James Park and Green Park. Then it is a bit farther but still a very reasonable walk from Big Ben/Parliament, Trafalgar Square, the river/Eye, etc etc.
Jan 8th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for this information. Do you think it is a pleasant area? Have you any experience with the accommodations? I have searched this forum and can't find anything about the apartments. Thanks.