Lago di Garda (Garda lake) photographs

Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Lago di Garda (Garda lake) photographs

After Milano ( http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...hotographs.cfm ) it's time for photos from Garda lake (Lago di Garda). Too bad we only had a few hours there on our way from Milano to Verona - we basically just circled the lake from west to east, stopping only to have something to eat and take photographs.
Next time we give this place at least a week !

Anyway, here is the gallery - http://www.pbase.com/olegis/garda . Have fun

Best regards,
Oleg.
www.Olegis.com
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:08 AM

Hi Oleg, we just returned 9.18 from a nearly 3 week trip with time in Germany and a week in a small town, address was Riva del Garda but actually it was between the towns of Arco and RdG. The weather didn't always cooperate but when it did it was beautiful. We spent time in Malescine, Sirmione and Limone doing day trips, very picturesque and a nice visit. Thanks for sharing your photos.
Susan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:24 AM

What stunning photos. The colors are beautiful and I love the dramatic skies in many of your photos.
Oct 3rd, 2010, 10:01 AM

Fabulous photos, Oleg. We'll be there in less than 4 weeks and hope for good weather and sunny skies. Which part of the lake did you enjoy the most?
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM

Wonderful! I've always enjoyed your photos.

I did cheat and look at the Verona photos, as well--love those!!. We've been in both locations, but on very gray days in late October. We only had time to drive along one side of Lake Garda, and it was so hazy we could barely see across. I think there will have to be another trip...

Thanks for sharing!
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for replies

Treesa, since we only had a very brief run around the lake, it's hard for me to say what I liked the most. I think that the northern part of the lake has more rock mountains so it's better for photographic opportunities
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM

Most of the towns/villages round the lake are worth seeing. My own favourites are Bardolino, Desenzano and Sirmione(top of my list). Malcesine for the cable car up to Monte Baldo.
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:58 AM

Thanks, Olegis and Lifeman. Very interested in Malcesine and Monte Baldo
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Yep, it really doesn't matter where you go - all the places are very nice (and the scenery is astounding) around the lake. Next time we probably will stay in the area for at least a week , maybe two
Oct 6th, 2010, 03:44 AM

Treesa...Malcesine is a linear village along the lake shore road and whilst it's worth the visit for the cable car, I'm not sure that I'd want to base there. If you want to stay at the North end of the Lake, then Riva del Garda, or Sirmione at the Southern end.
Oct 6th, 2010, 04:15 AM

Thanks for those stunning images. My wife and I have visited Garda three times now only to have most of the views blocked by low-lying clouds and fog. It was nice to see what we've missed (I think).
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks FlyFish !
You really should go back and visit when the weather is nicer, because the views are breathtaking ! It's so beautiful that I don't think it can ever be captured on a photograph.