laduree in paris

Aug 8th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Cindi

laduree in paris

Has anyone eaten an actual meal at Laduree as opposed to just macarons or other pastries? Particularly at the Rue bonaparte site--breakfast, lunch, dinner? If so, please share your experience. Details appreciated!

Aug 8th, 2003, 07:54 PM

Cindi, How could you possibly want anything more than the macaroons? (OK, just kidding, I couldn't resist, as I love their macaroons!).
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:36 AM

I had breakfast at the Rue Jacob location last April. Excellent. The tea was outstanding. The pastries were very good. Service was very polite and not "hovering". It was pricey but that was OK - I wasn't doing it every morning.
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:18 PM
VoyageurFacile

Am in Paris as we speak. Have eaten dinner at Laduree twice in the last week. but at the one on the Champs Elysees because it is across the street from our hotel. My wife and I both think it is awesome. Price about 100 euros including wine and dessert. Service is excellent. Highly recommend.

Aug 9th, 2003, 08:21 PM

In May, we ate at the Lauduree on Champs Elysees twice -- once for breakfast and once for dinner. The food was outstanding, and the service was excellent. The restaurant was filled with Parisians (at least, from what we observed, we were the only ones who did not order or hold a conversation in fluent French).