Lacking information on Brussels area.

Old Jan 11th, 1999, 11:20 AM
Kathy

Lacking information on Brussels area.

We will travel via train from DeGaulle airport on May 6 to Brussels. Originally our plans were for four of us, but now there are two! We want to spend four days in the area, returning to Paris for another week on 5/10. Understand Brugge and Antwerp are not-to-miss areas, but I am not familiar with hotels - or exactly how best to get around in Belgium since we will not have a car. Should we rent one, or use the train. I do not use trains in our area so any help (and particularly suggestions from this knowledgeable grooup) is very appreciated. thanks.

Old Jan 11th, 1999, 03:25 PM
richard j. vicek

Good evening, Kathy
Have not been lucky enough to get that far north, however here are a few BE web sites to surf:
http://www.sncb.be/-----www.visitbel...et.be/sky35480...
Good surfing, Richard of Hickoryu Hills, Il.....

Old Jan 11th, 1999, 06:59 PM
Wes Fowler

Kathy,
Belgium has an excellent rail network. Consider that Belgium had the first rail system on the European continent! Brugges is about an hour's ride from Brussels, Ghent 40 minutes, as is Antwerp. I've got a bunch of info on Belgium, particularly Brugges, including a lovely canal side hotel, which I'll E-mail you directly rather than take up space here.

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 05:21 AM
kathy

Thank you both. I'm ready to switch into the Belgium planning mode now.

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 07:19 AM
kathy

Thank you both. I'm ready to switch into the Belgium planning mode now,and have already used the addresses you supplied.

Old Jan 13th, 1999, 04:00 AM
ronny

A nice place to stay in Bruges is also Anselmus hotel. It's an old medieval house which has been converted into a *** hotel. It's not large. I thought they only have 8 or 9 rooms. You ca contact them on 3250341374 of by email on [email protected].
Other info on Bruges can be found on the website of Bruges: www.brugge.be. There are some nice photograph's on that site. Just to get you in the mood.