Reload this Page >

La Scala tickets?

Search

La Scala tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 04:56 PM
Pam

La Scala tickets?

I've been told that the only way to get a ticket to La Scala during the summer months is through concierges at very high-priced Milan hotels, and even then at 4 to 5 times the face value. Does anyone know any tricks? I've gone online to La Scala's website/faxline without any success. Are standing rooms tickets hard to come by? Should I chance a trip to Milan without a ticket in hand?

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 07:48 AM
cheryl

I've never done it, but have you tried the automated phone line? You said you haven't had any luck with the website, were you unable to get through, or does it not work? Out of curiosity, which production are you interested in? <BR> <BR>Sorry, I realized that I've just given you more questions, but I'm interested in how to get tickets myself.

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 09:14 AM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon,, Pam <BR>Have not been to Milan in many years, <BR>however recall that the CIT office in <BR>the Galleria was able to get LASCALA <BR>tickets. Might check this out, but <BR>again am not throughly sure. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, IL.....

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 09:44 AM
elvira

We got tickets for La Scala just this February (opera wasn't being staged; it was a violin concert) using the website. Email between them and me was easy; sometimes it was in Italian, but it was easily translatable. Try: <BR>http://www.leonidaniele.it/scala/index.shtml <BR>I received the tickets in the mail via registered mail (the post office was in a tizzy over the bright orange signature card "I hope you read Italian or German or French!"). <BR>

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 01:11 PM
Pam

Thank you all for your suggestions. The website for La Scala works very well but the operas all summer long are sold out. By the way, Cheryl, I want to go see "Barber of Seville" on June 21st, 28th or 30th. I was just wondering if anybody knew how to buy tickets to sold-out events?

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 08:18 PM
steve Mize

i am going to "barber de seville" on july 15 at la scala. i tried to get tickets throught the la scala website but it sold out too quick. i am going to stay at hotel cervo and they offered two nights (3 stars) and 1 Great seat for lit 650000 since the rooms and extras are ~lit 200000 per night 1 ticket cost lit 250000, that's not bad the same seats for the same opera in san diego are $100 so check the hotels and ask for "offers"