La Scala

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 09:09 PM
steve ize

La Scala

i will be in Milan for 2 days staying at hotel cervo any comments. also will be attending an opera at La Scala and am traveling light. not sure what is appropriate to wear to La Scala. in San Diego we get everything from Tuxedos to blue jeans and running shoes. hoping slacks and i tie will do. any advice??

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 07:44 AM
elvira

Nice slacks and maybe, even, a jacket with that tie will be fine. We were at La Scala this winter, almost exclusively an Italian crowd, and they were dressed up (saw no jeans or pink jogging suits). All the men had jackets and ties (of course, it was winter, so that could explain the jackets).

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 05:59 AM
topper

!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 03:24 PM
Robin

Dear Steve:

Iwould be interested in when you are going to Milan and attending the opera? I guess I always thought performances at La Scala were in the winter. Thanks. Have fun.

Robin

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 06:51 PM
wes fowler

Steve,
This year's opera season starts in mid October with performances of Mozart's Don Giovanni. The bulk of the month prior is devoted primarily to ballet performances. Operas are staged through April and intermittently interrupted by recitals and concert performances.

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 07:45 PM
steve

hi Robin,

i am going to milan july 14, 15, 16,
and will see "Barber de seville". i tried to get a ticket off the la scala
website back in May but it sold out. the opera season begins in Dec. at La Scala. this is the next to last one. i will see it on 15 th. i got my tickets through hotel cervo and really had to get off my wallet. a couple of hundred dollars plus, but i saw "barber de seville"
a couple of years ago in san diego and the seats were $90. and the hotel got me INCREDIBLE seats down front and on the center. i will let know how it all goes. will be back on july 27th going to Perugia, then barcelona and san sebastian then back to sunny san diego