Reload this Page >

La Samaritaine cafe,Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:12 PM
Michael

Heard about this cafe in Paris that has a great view of the city. Does anybody know the location?<BR> Thanks,<BR> Mike

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:51 PM
Chet

Hi Mike:<BR><BR>It is on the roof of the Samaritane department store, which is near the Pont Neuf on the Seine. If I recall, it is a cafeteria style restaurant, passable food and very reasonable prices. Great views of Paris on a clear day. A good place to go for latte and pastry to break up a morning's siteseeing, or for a light lunch.<BR>Hope this helps, Chet

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:56 PM
BillF

Highly recommend going to the rooftop of la Samaritaine, it is a great view. I also recommend going up to Sacre Cour to see the basilica and painter's square and get another great view of Paris from the top of Montmartre.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Christina

It's basically just a snack bar and outdoors -- simple tables with some unbrellas. You don't go for the food, but it is a nice view.<BR><BR>Samaritaine does have a nice expensive restaurant (Toupary) indoors that has great views. I think that is a good, cheaper alternative to La Tour d'Argent, if you want a dinner with a terrific view of Paris (dinners are maybe about US40-50?).

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 09:02 AM
JBX

I second the comments on this &quot;cafe&quot;; it's cafeteria style, more of a snackbar than a cafe and offers a great view of the city. Certainly quicker, cheaper, easier to go here to experience a splendid bird's eye view of Paris. Take the elevator up to the top floor of the dept store, and then there's a flight of stairs to walk up to outdoor cafe level.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Ita

I second all the above about Samaritane. To me the greatest view of Paris is from the top of the Arch de triumph, where you see the layout of the streets. This is included in the museum pass

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 10:12 AM
paul

a word of caution. the cafe is closed in bad weather since it is exposed. in good weather, if you go up and do not eat at the cafe, there is a 2 euro fee to get onto the rooftop.