La Perle de Prague

May 8th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

La Perle de Prague

Has anyone dined at La Perle de Prage in the Rasin building (Fred & Ginger)?

What is the best restaurant in Prague? I don't care about price.

Cheers, JBG
May 9th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Topping with the hope that one of the "Beautiful People" see this thread.

Come on, darling, I know you can throw me a crumb.

May 9th, 2004, 06:12 PM

Never ate there, but it gets good reviews. If you decide on that one, book a table with a castle view. Supposedly only a few have a great view, which is the major draw of that place.

Can't help you on THE best restaurant. I don't frequent the most expensive ones. Prague Post has many reviews, as will this board.

What kind of food are you partial to? (Do you want Czech, or just good food, in general?)
May 9th, 2004, 06:45 PM

I haven't dined at La Perle or expensive restaurants in Prague, but Allegro restaurant in the Four Seasons hotel has been called the best restaurant by various publications, including Prague publications. I haven't been there, but I think it has good views, also, so should be a nice experience. Here's info on it from their own web site:

http://www.fourseasons.com/prague/dining/dining.html

V Zatisi is another top restaurant.
http://www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp?PlaceID=704
May 9th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Christina, I work in downtown Philadelphia, just two blocks from the Four Seasons Hotel. I eat lunch there at least three times a month. I was looking for something different.

Amp, I don't really care about the type of cuisine as long as the food is good. It could be anything from Chinese to Cambodian to French.
May 9th, 2004, 09:17 PM

We dined at the Perle de Prague and it was wonderful. I loved the view and the architecture is great. We are huge Frank Ghery fans so we had to go. You need a reservation and it's easy to get one on-line. My husband had rabbit and I had the beef, we were both very happy.
I've been working on my scrapbook for Prague today so I happen to have the addresses handy.
www.laperle.cz
[email protected]
and the phone number is 221 984 160 fax 221 984 179
We also stumbled into a lovely little place called U Petske' Veze
had a great little pheasant and they made the best cappachino that I've ever tasted. Their addys are:
www.upetskeveze.cz
[email protected]
tel: 222 329 856
Petske 12
Praha 1
This was a wonderful slice of heaven. I don't know if you need reservations for dinner. We were there for lunch.
Enjoy!
May 10th, 2004, 01:26 AM

Another vote for La Perle, I have been twice. Very good food and service, and a good wine list. They have a small outdoor terrace where you can have drinks and it may be possible to have dinner, weather permitting, I would check with the restaurant.

I agree that not all tables have a castle view, but not sure this really matters given the food and service. The room is curved and the windows while high are not overly wide, so even a castle view may only be partial. If a view is important ask for one, as some tables are in the middle of the room and would not have any view.

I have a list of a few other favourites which I will locate and post tomorrow.

Would also second the recommendation of the Four Seasons, which is a very different hotel than the one in Philadephia. The bar and restaurant have excellent views, esp from the terrace, if that matters.
May 10th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks geezer and Cicerone!! Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Namaste
May 10th, 2004, 06:45 AM

try Fambee (downstairs, not the cafe on street level) - Czech French cuisine, deco swank setting underneath stone barrel vaults. While not the best, definitely a nice night out...

http://www.flambee.cz/
May 10th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

t
May 11th, 2004, 05:34 AM

HI
this past March my family and I had dinner twice at Allegro, it was outstanding. The fact that we were staying at the hotel accounted for our choice for the first time, but it was the dining experience itself that brought us there again.

For a more traditional and very reasonably-priced meal (given the quality) try David, in
Mala Strana, not far from the American Embassy. Traditional Czech in decor and in menu, though food was fresh, and lightened up with a contemporary twist.
With more time, we would have gone again.
May 11th, 2004, 06:30 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Hoffmeister in Mala Strana so several of our meals were there. We thought Hotel Restaurant Vojanuv Dvur very romantic and enjoyed their typical but nicely prepared Czech duck very much. Circle Line Brasserie serves good traditional French food in an elegant atmosphere (in spite of the name.) Ryhi trh has best seafood in Prague. Pravda has good food and cool vibe. Nice decor with great flower arrangements. Very trendy. So is it's less upscale sister across the street, Barock. Canton Chinese near Charles Bridge is very bad. Rejkavik restaurant is very casual but very good seafood, lambchops and great potato gratin with celery root in bleu cheese sauce. Several restaurants with Art Nouveau decor but food not as good as the decor, nonetheless quite acceptable--Cafe Europa, Hotel Pariz and Municipal building. Stop for a drink.
May 11th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. I had heard David was very good from my Aunt Beryl.

Julie, where is Ryhi trh?
May 12th, 2004, 04:49 AM

In addition to the Perle de Prauge, a few favourite restaurants in Prague, plus one which I have not tried but would like to are:

1. U Modre Kachnicky (The Blue Duckling Restaurant)
Prokopska 10
Mala Strana
Tel 257-533-666
http://www.umodrekachnicky.cz

Located in Mala Strana not far from the river. The menu is mainly local dishes with an accent on game. Good wine list. Restaurant is in an old house with many rooms each different and eclectically decorated. Expensive.

2. Hergetova Cihelna
Cihelna 2b
Mala Strana
11800 Prague 1
tel: 257-535-534
fax: 257-535-820
http://www.cihelna.com

In a lovely restored building on the river virtually underneath a bridge, has an outdoor terrace with good views. Same ownership as the Kampa Park. More casual/trendy bistro than the above. Wood floors and modern décor. Good wine list. Moderate to expensive.

3. Kampa Park
Na Kampe 8b
Mala Strana
11800 Prague 1
tel: 257-532-685
http://www.kampapark.com

Consistently rated one of Prague's best restaurants, great river location.

4. Mlynec
Novotneho Lavka 9
Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Tel: 221-082-208
pfd.cz

Have not been there, but was recommend by the NY Times in an article in March 2003. In a converted water mill on the river with views of the Charles Bridge. A "fusion of French, Czech and Asian cooking traditions".

Phone and fax numbers do not include the country code for the Czech Republic, which is 420. When dialling locally in Prague, you may need to preface the number with a 0.
May 12th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Cicerone.
May 13th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Topping with the hope that someone can tell me where the restaurant Ryhi trh is?
May 13th, 2004, 09:02 AM

For a review of Rybi Trh, see:

http://www.wguides.com/city/243/112_165604.cfm
May 13th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Yes, found it on my own. Thanks, guv.
May 13th, 2004, 10:06 AM

I look forward to your trip report. Maureen
May 13th, 2004, 12:31 PM

TG: Thought you might be interested in this article in the Prague Post:

http://www.praguepost.com/P03/2004/Art/0513/featu3.php

Search this Thread