Kosher-Italy

Sep 8th, 1997, 08:30 PM
Shirley

Kosher-Italy

I will be going to-Rome-Florence-Venice next wk. Wd appreciate it someone wd be kind enough to tell me where one can eat Kosher and see interesting sites of Jewish Heritage.

Sep 12th, 1997, 09:50 AM
vvvvv

i know you can get kosher in italy
there is a jewish section of town labeled with a david star and 'ghetto' written under the star
this part is near campo d'fiori

Sep 12th, 1997, 06:11 PM
Cynthia

Have you checked at Border's or Barnes and Noble? I know I have seen books there about "Kosher" travel and sights of interest to Jewish travelers. They can search their computer databases for you and order what you need. If you have a good Jewish bookstore in your area, they may also have what you need. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Sep 13th, 1997, 01:49 PM
sfink

There are several books at the library her & bookstores re what Jewish sites etc to see in Europe and there are section on Italy. The book I have is a travelers guide to jewish europe. It was very helpful when we were in Paris/Amsterdam. We don't keep kosher, but are planning a trip to Italy in May & I wouuld be most appreciative of anything you would like to share re jewish Italy when you return. Please email me when you return-Have a great trip!!

Sep 15th, 1997, 01:18 PM
mark

I'm not sure about the Kosher part but both Florence and Venice have two of the most beautiful synagogues you'll ever go to, especially Florence. When I go to Europe, I always enjoy wandering around the Jewish section and just talking to locals. Often, when they find out you're Jewish, you can get a great tour, history lesson, etc. Enjoy.