Know any small Paris hotels?

Old Aug 8th, 1997, 05:31 PM
Lynda

Know any small Paris hotels?

Need a small hotel in Paris. Would like it within walking distance of tourists sites.

Old Aug 9th, 1997, 03:35 AM
Ed

Lynda: I usually stay at the IBIS Hotel #2 Rue
cambronne. 20 minute walk from Tour Eifell,
Champs de Mars. Newly renovated. Very comfortable
and inexpensive. Have stayed there six times.
Regards, Ed

Old Aug 13th, 1997, 05:17 PM
David

There are several small hotels in the university area - great location. Hotel Universiti comes to mind 1st. but there are many. Look in Rick Steves book on Frances. He always has great small hotels and other travel tips.

Old Aug 14th, 1997, 12:32 PM
Sue

The Nortra Dame is a darling little place, not to expensive and within walking distance to the Eifell Tower, shopping, restaurants, etc. Enjoy!!!!

Old Aug 14th, 1997, 01:53 PM
Randy

Hello!

When in Paris I stay at the Hotel Montpensier...12 Rue de Richelieu...Its a quant hotel just two block from the Louvre and the subway. The cost for one]two persons sharing a room/bath down the hall is $55.00. that is a good price for paris. any questions, e-mail me. I have stayed there on my last two trips to Paris...for a total of 14 days

Randy

Old Aug 15th, 1997, 12:30 PM
Linda

Several years ago, I stayed at a charming little hotel called the Aviatic in the 6th arrondissement on Rue de Vaugirard. It's only 15-20 rooms and the rooms were a little small, but very well-designed. The staff speaks a little English and are very helpful. The nicest part was that my room faced a courtyard and it was wonderful having breakfast with the double windows opening to the courtyard below. The price was about $100/night.

Old Aug 15th, 1997, 01:03 PM
Murphy

This spring we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, 75 Rue de Cardinale Lemoine. It's lovely, run by a really pleasant mother & daughter; faces a garden courtyard. It's close to Notre Dame and St. Germain.The street is a short one, runs diagonally from the Seine, and there are two metro stops and many restaurants nearby. Apprx. $90 dbl/w bath. Fax: 011-33-1-43-25-28-15. Bon chance!

Old Aug 20th, 1997, 03:35 PM
Scott

I highly recommend the Castex Hotel, a small, family-run hotel very close to the original site of the old Bastille. Great access to sites and subway. Very pleasant hosts, they love americans and the price can't be beat.

Old Aug 20th, 1997, 05:13 PM
Louis Dameson

Get Steve Ricks book on France. Buy a museum and metro pass. Take bus and metro and you can walk to every site you want to see. Try Hotel Champ du Mars
at 42 Rue Champ du Mars right by Rue Cler the pedestrian market and very near the Eiffel Tower. Cost 420FF for room around $70.

Old Aug 21st, 1997, 06:36 AM
Nicole

You didn't say when you were going, but I am going to Paris in Dec. and am staying at the Hotel du
Champ de Mars. If you're interested, I will tell you
how it was when I return.
Have fun!!
The price there is $60 (american)for a double and is near the Eiffel Tower.

Old Aug 21st, 1997, 05:40 PM
l.martin

I know this doesn't sound too interesting but I stayed at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Paris-Tour-Eifel. 102 Blvd de Grenell. Right off the train stop and our room looked towards the Eifel Tower. We walked everywhere. The rooms were immaculate and large and very quiet. The breakfasts weren't too good. But for what we paid we couldn't beat it anywhere.

Old Aug 23rd, 1997, 06:34 AM
Mike Miller

Stayed in the Grand Hotel Leveque on Rue Cler which is on a lovely market street about 15 minutes from the Eiffel Tower. Beautiful place, friendly staff and we paid about $100 for a triple with bath. It was recommended in Rick Steves book and also in National Geographic Traveler a couple of years ago. Email me if you want address/phone.