Kloster-Stuble in Rothenburg?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2006, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed in the older section of the Kloster-Stuble in Rothenburg lately? There is a new addition at the hotel which some people think is nicer. I wonder if the older part is more "authenic".

Thanks!
Marsh
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 12:51 PM

I'm glad you put guotes around the word authentic, in the same paragraph where you mention that it is a new addition... A contradiction, no?

And considering that Rothenburg itself is a re-built kind of Disneyland, authentic is questionnable all over.

WK
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 12:52 PM

oops - make that "quotes"
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 12:54 PM

Well, I'm not sure which section I stayed, as I wasn't aware of an old and new section, but we were there in May of last year and loved this hotel. I would assume that our room was in the old section, as it was up a flight of stairs and down several meandering cooridors from where we check in. We had a lovely room with beautiful wood furniture and a nice view of the valley below Rothenburg. We also had the best breakfast of our two-week trip at the Kloster-Stuble, and our dinner there was delicious.

Tracy
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 02:21 PM

We stayed at the Klosterstuble a few years ago and loved it. Before we got to Rothenburg we decided to mail packages of souvenirs and other items that were weighing us down. I decided for some reason to use the Klosterstuble as our return mailing address. When one of the packages did not show up weeks after we returned home I contacted the Klosterstuble to alert them. The box contained silk scarves from Paris, souvenirs for relatives and neighbor kids, etc. Some time later the Klosterstuble contacted me and told me the box was returned and they sent it back to me. I was so grateful for their response.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I am making hotel reservations for 12 cities for our upcoming tour in Europe, and the help I am getting from Fodors is just great!