Reload this Page >

Kitchen warehouse in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 05:04 AM
Marilyn

I went to a kitchen supply store in Paris last year and have lost the address. It is where Julia Childs likes to shop. Can anyone help? Thanks

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 05:17 AM
Randall Smith

Marilyn, <BR> <BR>I went to several such places with a friend last year when we were in the middle of remodeling an apartment. I wasn't driving and I forget exactly where they were. One was on several floors and had many restaurant supplies, even the little signs you see in front of the restaurants with the daily menu written in chalk, and the small brown carafes for the house wine. <BR> <BR>I know for sure it was on the right bank, possibly in the 9th or 10th. <BR> <BR>We will be back next week and I will try to find out the name and location. I may also email my friend who was driving and see if he can give me the info. I've thought about it many times since and have told my wife that she would love the place. <BR> <BR>If I find out I'll post back to this board. <BR> <BR>Sincerely, <BR> <BR>Randall Smith <BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 05:20 AM
Claudia

Do you mean E. Dehillerin? It's at 18 rue Coquilliere, in the 1st. <BR> <BR>The copper pot we bought there was a fantastic buy; much cheaper than those at Williams-Sonoma, and nicer too. (Of course it is so nice, we haven't used it yet....)

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 05:26 AM
Marilyn

Randell, Thanks. I would appreciate any information you can get. I would really appreciate an e-mail if you have any luck. The one I went to was in an old warehouse and was a stop for many tour buses. I walked there but was lost many times so cannot begin to retrace my steps. Am going to Paris in 2 weeks and would love to take my husband there. Marilyn

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 07:05 AM
Randall Smith

Marilyn, <BR> <BR>In "Born to Shop-Paris" 8th Edition by Suzy Gershman, (it is a Frommers book) I find 5 shops listed. I'm still not sure which ones I went to, but they are all close. <BR> <BR>1) A. Simon 36-38 & 48 rue Montmartre, 2e. ( Metro: Etienne-Marcel or Les Halles) <BR> <BR>2) Dehillerin 18-20 rue Coquilliere, 1er (Metro Musee-du-Louvre or Les Halles). <BR> <BR>3) La Corpo 19 rue Montmartre 1er (Metro: Eteinne-Marcel or Les Halles) <BR> <BR>4) Duthilleul & Minart 14 rue de Turbigo, 1er (Metro:Etienne-Marcel) <BR> <BR>5) Mora, 13 rue Montmartre, 1er (Metro: Eteinne-Marcel or Les Halles) <BR> <BR>Happy Shopping!!!! <BR> <BR>Ciao, <BR> <BR>Randy Smith

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 09:12 AM
Cynthia

Just back from Paris and we bought several things at E. Dehillerin in the 1st. The copper is particularly well priced, but we also purchased other kitchen stuff. It is an old building with things stacked around--the clerks are very helpful.

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 10:02 AM
Sam

If you go to Les Halles, you will find streets full of kitchen supply shops.

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 10:17 AM
xxx

Sam! <BR> <BR>How about more info on Les Halles? I remember it was formerly the market area. Where is it and how do you get there? Am very interested in finding it. <BR> <BR>Merci beaucoup