Killarney House - a quick story about true hospitality

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is more a review and recommendation than a forum topic, but I feel I need to put it in somewhere. A friend and I recently spent a few days in Ireland, just seeing what sights we could in Dublin and in Cork. We're students, so we were on an extremely tight budget - so tight that I was literally almost out of money while were in Cork. That evening we were desperately looking around for a hostel or something to stay in. Well, the proprietor of the Killarney House Bed & Breakfast (where we initially just stopped for directions) not only gave us a room for much less than the original price, but gave us an incredible breakfast the next morning for no extra charge. At first we thought "Oh, we'll just have the coffee in the room and leave", but then she invited us into the dining room for tea, and then made us pancakes. For a couple of students trying to live on almost nothing, this was amazing. All she asked was that we give her a good review online, so that's what I'm doing. This place is on Western Street in Cork, on the opposite side of the road from the college. From what our hostess said it would seem that they're a little low on business (which made it all the more generous for her to give us a break on the room), so I'd like to offer this general announcement to you European Travelers out there. Stay at this place, you won't regret it! The room was perfectly clean, the food excellent, and most of all, a kind hostess and wonderful hospitality.
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM

Thanks, gypsy. What a nice thing to read. I'll make a note of this B & B.
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM

Thanks from me too gypsy. You can't beat this type of recommendation.

If you type 'killarney guest house cork' into the search function on Trip Advisor check the reviews out there. You're not alone in praising the owner.

Jon
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 05:34 AM

You might consider posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sure that would be most appreciated by the owner and other travelers.
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM

Yes, and check out www.igougo.com, as well - they give points for every review, redeemable for rewards like amazon.com gift certificates.

Glad to know the spirit of 'pay-it-forward' is alive and well!
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Yes, she asked that we post on Tripadvisor, and I did =) I believe my friend did, too.