Killarney Accomodations

Search

Killarney Accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Killarney Accomodations

Hi, can anyone recommend a place to stay in Killarney? We would like an upscale small inn, guesthouse or hotel and on the water, if possible?

Thank you!
Julie
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:28 AM

my husband and i stayed here in killarney last year while on our honeymoon in ireland:
http://www.gleannfia.com/

we really liked it there. there's a little river that runs by the house...very pretty place.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:00 AM

Hi pliant..I am awaiting an enquiry to Gleannfia concerning next May. Can you give me any particulars on your stay? How were the rooms, did they have a sitting area? How were the breakfasts? Hospitality of owners/managers? Would really appreciate any info you can give..Thanks....Helen
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:07 PM

I would recommend Loch Lein Country House. It is a beautiful place with wonderful hosts and good food. They serve dinner, breakfast and snacks. It overlooks Lough Leane and Ross Castle. You will have to specify a lake view as some rooms don't have that.

The rooms have sitting areas. A few of the junior suites have huge sitting areas with sofas, chairs, etc. Housekeeping is meticulous. The bathrooms are large. It is a couple of miles from town near Fossa. I would love to be there right now. You are making me want to go back!

I found some reviews:

http://tinyurl.com/zrv9u

http://tinyurl.com/hh5wc
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:02 PM

I cannot say enough good things about this place http://tinyurl.com/g5v4r

I would love to spend a week.
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 09:24 AM

Hi Laoghaire,

I really don't remember to many details about Gleann Fia since we only spent one night there. I do remember the breakfast was good. They had a buffet out with fruits and yogurt and other stuff and then you got to order your eggs and bacon or whatever else you wanted. The room was nice, don't remember if it had a sitting area though. And from what I remember everyone was friendly. Hope that helps!
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 01:07 PM

I would highly recommend the Crystal Springs guesthouse located a few minutes out of town right on the river. Large, beautifully appointed rooms and a lengthy breakfast menu including lemon fruit pancakes. Eileen Brosnan is a great helpful hostess
Jean
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 02:11 PM

Hi cavan97...I am interested in booking either Gleannfia, or Crystal Springs for next May. Were the rooms at Crystal Springs comfortable with a sitting area? We do so much wandering and exploring during the day, we really enjoy comfy chairs to relax in our room, in the evenings.

Pliant..Thanks for replying. I sent an enquiry to Gleannfia a week ago, and haven't heard anything yet. Perhaps I might call them if I don't hear from them after a second e-mail I just sent.

juleyey, both of these guesthouses/bnbs have a small river running thru the property.

Helen