COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Kids in Paris

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 10:15 PM
csax

Kids in Paris

Are there any hotels on the left bank that are kid friendly? We're bringing 3 (10,8,5), and we'd like a hotel with a suite, or at least, connecting rooms.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 05:51 AM
pam

I would think that one of the larger more touristy hotels on the Right Bank would be more accomodating to a large family-the Left Bank being smaller hotels with smaller rooms,and often without restaurants...Try the Intercontinental Grand near the Opera-they have large high ceilinged rooms and nice restaurants downstairs.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 01:39 PM
mimi taylor

tomorrows NY Times travel section has a page on what's going on in paris. One of the hotels mentioned has a web site and mentions adjustments in some rooms to book families.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Surlok

There are family rooms in many of the three stars hotels in the Left Bank. The Hotel Madison came to mind, and also the Residence des Arts. They are both nice hotels, although I like the Residence's location better, since the Madison is right at Bv. Saint Germain.

Other ideas are D' Aubusson and Relais Christine, and also Hotel de L'Abbaye.

Surlok

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 05:28 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Julie

Our friends with three children stayed at the Hotel Fremiet a Best Western in the 16th Arr. (I think) near the Trocadero gardens on the other side of the Seine from the Eiffel Tower. The room was perfect for them and the hotel had nice breakfasts. The only drawback was a lack of good restaurants in the surrounding area which is nice and upscale but very residential.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 08:04 AM
elaine

Hi
I don't know if it will fit your budget, but some family members of mine, including kids, were very happy with the Lutetia earlier this year. It is well located, and is the only large hotel
in the central area of the left bank.
There is a restaurant on the premises, plus you are across the street from the
grand grocery annex of the Bon Marche dept store.
You can contact the hotel via the Concorde hotels website, but call or fax the Lutetia directly for the best rates.
A less expensive hotel that has been praised here and that also has quad/connecting rooms good for families
is the Palais Bourbon.49 rue de Bourgogne, tel 44 11 30 708, fax 45 55 20 21,
[email protected]