Kefalonia off the beaten track

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2009, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband & I are going back to Kefalonia for our third visit. We are staying near Trapazeki beach (which is fabulous) not too far from Lourdas. We have explored the island & found our favorite places to visit, but we would like to find new ones. We do not like places/beaches that are too busy or packed. We enjoy walking so would welcome any suggestions. We like Xi beach & would love to hear about any others that are close. In the past we have been to Petani beach but don't want to go there this year. My husband likes historical sights, we understand this is limited due the destruction of the island due to earthquakes, again any input would be good.
I would also love to hear about any family run restaurants or village tavernas maybe off the beaten track, possibly somewhere that locals would go to rather than too many tourists. We found a great place in Trionatta(?). Is there anywhere where you get shown how to make traditional Greek, Kefalonia dishes? Somewhere to see the olive oils being made etc.
We go on next week & can't await, it's such a beautiful, friendly island we love it.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt