Reload this Page >

Keeping clothes clean while travelling

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:26 AM
x

Hi, I've heard the product Febreze mentioned on this board as a way to keep clothes fresh. Went to it's website and I'm still confused. Can I spray it on a sweater I've worn all day sitting in smokey cafes, and the sweater will be fresh to wear again? The website also mentions spraying it on airplane seats. Sounds to me like spraying any substance on a plane could cause an international incident! I've never seen this product in stores, where could I buy it? Or can someone recommend another product? I will be in a colder climate wearing bulky clothing, so it's not practical to wash things in the sink and have them dry out, thanks!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Book Chick

Hi x,<BR>Yes, Febreeze works, will take away a smoky smell, but I'm not sure I'd try it on the seat of an airplane, either!<BR><BR>For keeping clothes in the best condition, I also bring those little packets of "Shout" wet cloths, they're in individual packets which are sold in a box, and if you can't find them in your local grocery store, try a Costco or a Sam's Club for them. I also bring a lint roller, which is essentially a large wad of tape on a handle, but gets off lint, dog hair, feathers, dust, easily and effectively without laundering the whole item.<BR><BR>Happy Travels,<BR>BC

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:45 AM
robbie

Febreeze is available in most supermarkets on the aisle with detergents and other cleaning products.<BR>Have a great trip.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:07 PM
pam

Yes, you can spray it on the sweater and then hang it up to "air out" some more.No, it is not going to make the sweater "clean", At most it will eliminate any unpleasant odors on the sweater. It will not clean it.<BR>I didn't know they had a website. That's hilarious (don't know why) but you can get it in the detergent aisle of any supermarket.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Martha

Febreze is for getting out smells, not actual dirt. Smoke, yes. Body odors, no. You'll still have to do laundry.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Christina

I like Febreeze for minor touchups to make things smell fresher, which I think it does pretty well (like on upholstery or smoky smells when you can't clean or dryclean). I don't know why you'd spray in on a plane seat, but I don't see why you couldn't because it isn't an aerosol, just a pump spray bottle (so it is allowable on board). There's no way to clean things without cleaning them -- in the US they sell those kits to take the place of dry cleaning (Dryel? etc) but all they do is deodorize also, not clean.