Kayseri

Sep 10th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Kayseri

I will be arriving at Kayseri airport on a mid-afternoon flight and will be staying in Urgup. The debate is: should I spend an hour or two seeing Kayseri before driving to my hotel or does it deserve more time. If I don't see it at that time it would mean backtracking on another day.
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:25 PM

We landed in Kayseri, picked up our rental can and then headed straight to Urgup. I too had had the same question you had and asked for advice from Esbelli Evi where we were staying. The owner's advice was to skip Kayseri. Nothing stood out to me as we drove through the city on our way out, but then maybe we didn't go past the parts tht may have been interesting.
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:50 PM

Kett:
skip Kayseri altogether...head for Urgup...about 40 miles of pretty wide open driving..good road, barren views over the Cappadocia landscape which doesn't begin in earnest until you approach closer to Urgup.

stu T.
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:32 AM

There are some sights to see at old town if its within interest. Otherwise I would also skip Kayseri as the traffic will be to time consuming.

Murat
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will go directly to Esbelli Evi and skip Kayseri.
We fly to Istanbul tonight!
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:35 AM

Kett:

One other possibility. When we arrived in Kayseri we had made arrangements for Esbelli to have a driver and car meet us at the airport. The fee was $40 (9 years ago)...after settling in overnight at the Esbelli we picked up a car we had reserved at Europcar in Urgup.

This arrangement was somewhat of a time saver, and a chance to relax while being driven to the Esbelli. If this appeals to you, just e-mail or fax Suha at the Esbelli...don't know what today's fee would be, but he is a very accomodating and very fine gentleman as anyone who has stayed there will agree.

Stu T.
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:36 AM

Sorry, Kett...I just didn't notice that you were leaving tonght...have a great trip..(you could make the above arrangements from Istabul if you wish, I suppose)
stu T.