Kavey back from Loire

Old Sep 6th, 1999, 01:50 PM
Kavey

Kavey back from Loire

Hi All!

What a fantastic fantastic fantastic time we had... the Chateau de Beaulieu was quite truly better than I could ever have imagined (for such a good price I didn't dare let myself think it would be special as it was)--- I could rave about it for hours (and have done since getting home).

I am currently trying to book tickets on Eurostar to Paris for next month - have decided to take my little sister to Paris for our birthdays (same day, 3 years and five minutes apart). Am then going to get on and book a Paris hotel.

As soon as that is settled I promise a proper report back on the whole trip (you guys even inspired me to take a few notes every night to jog my memory when I got home).

Anyway, I'm going out a lot this week but over the next week I will try and write everything for anyone who is interested.

AND I took so many pics I am going to scan them and create a simple web site (my first)... though that will take me a while longer as I have no free weekends for over a month. I took lots though and of the Chateau as well since thought youa ll would be interested....

Hugs

Kavey

(FANTASTIC)

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 06:26 AM
David

Kavey, I followed your earlier posts on your hotel search and ended up booking the Chateau de Beaulieu ( Louis XIII suite). Could you tell us more about your stay there?

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 08:38 AM
cherie

Kavey- I didn't do there when in Loire. I'm interested in reading your report! -Cher

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 05:32 PM
debbie

David- I was there with my husband two weeks before Kavey, however, for one night and not the few nights as did Kavey. Could easily recommend it as the price is good for what you get- nice room with very good breckfast. When I went, mid Aug., i hit a cool spell of 16-20 C. weather with lots of rain. Unfortunately the lovely pool was covered and it was too cold to get into a bathing suit. Andrea, the owner is very nice and extremely helpful. Her cave of mushrooms was a neat place to see (close by)and the sampling of grilled mushrooms was a treat. She made reservations for us at Hotel du Anjou's restaurant and it was delicious. Overall, recommend it to you.

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 11:08 AM
Kavey

David

I am so pleased for you - you are going to love it... the pool was open when we went as the weather was around 30 degrees, but even without a pool the room is great - we also stayed in Louis XIII.

Let me just spend a couple of hours on here searching and booking a Paris hotel for next month and I will mail that diary I have promised to write.

I will give you a couple more restaurant recommendations

The place Debbie mentions is called les Menestrels and is in the Hotel Anna d'Anjou. We didnt get time to eat there but it is recommended.

Kavita