Katakolon info??

Search

Katakolon info??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Katakolon info??

One of the ports of call on our June Emerald Princess cruise is Katakolon. We have been to Olympia and Delphi on previous trips and have tried unsuccessfully to rent a car in Katakolon in order to explore on our own. I am debating on taking the train into Olympia or just hanging out in Katakolon. Is there anything to do in Katakolon or would it be best to take the train to Olympia and perhaps try to rent a car there?
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Hi, I did an Emerald Princess Med cruise last year. I decided to relax the day we were in Katakalon. I opted for the beach excursion offered through the ship to Kourouta Beach. It was exactly what I wanted. So, if you are beach people you might enjoy it. I did not think there was too much else going on other than a little shopping in the town

Oooooooh, enjoy my Emerald Princess
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, hpeabody. I was thinking along those same lines of just hanging out that day. Were you able to walk from the ship to the town or is that a transportation issue in itself?
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM

Yes you can walk but its a hike. Takes about 10-15min the pier is long and then you start at the end of the main drag. To walk along it on ship day is like walking down any city busy street people all over the place. Tons and Tons of shops selling mainly jewlery and nick nacks, and soap.
You will find due to size of Emerald (I was on it last year) it docks at the end of piers for the most part and you do a lot of walking to get to edge if docking area and then on into towns.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM

kheape12, Yes, as JoanneH said it is a walk, but doable. I did walk it and wandered through the shops. It is possible, if I remember the right port, we had an option to be dropped in the town on the way back.