Search

kALKAN hOTELS

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kALKAN hOTELS

LOOKING FOR A RECOMENDATION FOR SMALL HOTEL IN KALKAN -CONSIDERING ASFIYA, RHAPSODY OR BALIKCI HAN -IF ANYONE HAS STAYED HERE CAN YOU RECOMEND ONE THAT MIGHT BE CLOSER TO CENTER AND NOT HAVE TOO LONG A FLIGHT OF STAIRS. THANKS
Old May 24th, 2005, 02:52 AM

After having booked at Club Xanthos, I have changed my mind for next month and will be staying at Hotel Pirat which is right in town.

http://www.hotelpirat.net/

I'll hopefully have a trip report up by early July.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:25 AM

Balikcihan close to harbour, small hotel kind of a guest house, Rhapsody is on the way to Kalamar road, nice seaview and hip decoration with minimal lines has swimming pool as well 5 min. walk to center, Asgfiya is also have s. pool but there are several Asfiya's and usually full with British package Tourist. They are one of the oldest in town operating hotels.

Take the boat from harbour to mahal Beach Club, you will like it, need to pay an entrance fee, if withi,n your budget hire a gulet on your own for a day, if not join an organised day trip on a boat you will have fun.

If you are with hire car drive up to islamlar for lunch or dinner at Trout farms with yummy food and nice views.

Happy travelling,
Murat

( you can give my regards to anyone you meet in those places in Kalkan say Murat from Cappadocia they will know me
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:39 AM

Propertravel-

It's possible to rent a gullet for one day morning until night? What are the usual prices for something like this for 2 people?
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:54 AM

Usually you can get a good one around 100 - 120 GBP including lunch. Arriving back around sunset. However there are boats for moonlight cruise too.

However price may vary depending on the day and the type of the boat too.

Have Fun,
Murat