Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Just returned from Madrid and Marbella, any questions??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Lori

Just got back from a two week stay in Madrid and Marbella. Would be happy to answer any questions, just email me.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 07:28 AM
chris

Where did you stay in Marbella? Any suggestions of great restaurants, places to shop, or golf courses? We are headed there on Sunday!

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 07:49 AM
bobbie

My daughter and I are starting to think about going to both locations in October. It would be nice if you posted a bit about your trip, what you liked, wouldn't do again, etc especially around the Marbella area. I have a pretty good idea of what we'll do in Madrid. Did you rent a car? Any day trips? Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Myer

Where did you stay in Marbella. $?. <BR> <BR>Did you have a car. I've been quoted over 300US from AVIS for an automatic, next size larger than dodge neon plus insurance. Pick up in Granada and drop off at Malaga airport. For 2 days!! <BR> <BR>At that price I could probably hire my own driver full time to go from Granada to Marbella and drive us around. <BR>

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 12:57 PM
Nancy

We will also be going in Oct or Nov. How did you go from Marbella to Madrid? Where did you stay at both and how much were they? Thanks for any help. Nancy

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Linda

I'm going to Marbella in Dec.and may stay at Hotel Los Monteros. Also, would like to know if you liked Marbella and if you took any day trips to Gilbralter,Granda,Seville. I would appreciate your input. <BR> Thank you

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Meme

We have a wonderful couple going to Madrid on their honeymoon in a few weeks. We would like to give them a gift certificate to a dinner. Did you have any dining experiences that you would recommend that were sophisticated, romantic and with good food?

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 11:49 AM
topping

In case Lori wants to find her post

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 06:23 AM
igor

In Marbella, i recommend La Pesquera <BR>restaurant in the old town. They have the freshest seafood and the desert <BR>are unbelievable. In Madrid, I recommend Botin.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 11:44 PM
Nikki

Lori, where are you? I hope you find this post, so you can tell us more about your marvelous trip to Madrid & Marbella.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 04:34 AM
S

hello? Loriiiiii......

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 02:53 PM
Judi

&lt;&lt;We have a wonderful couple going to Madrid on their honeymoon in a few weeks. We would like to give them a gift certificate to a dinner. Did you have any dining experiences that you would recommend that were sophisticated, romantic and with good food?&gt;&gt; <BR> <BR>Yes, we recently ate twice at La Paloma in the Salamanca district. It was wonderful both times with excellent service. It's a one-star Michelin restaurant. DO NOT recommend La Broche--it has two Michelin stars but the weirdest menu we have ever seen--and we are adventurous eaters. How about sardines with some cream in the middle, floating in rose water gelee? Yeah, that's what we thought, too.