Reload this Page >

Just Back...Report and Regards

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Hiho

Hello all -<BR><BR>I just returned from a very interesting trip to Ecuador, and am eager to rejoin the wonderful discussions here on the Europe board.<BR><BR>My trip, if I may indluge (I know that Ecuador is in South America), was very fascinating. A blend of Spanish and Native cultures, Ecuador has many fascinating places. I visited Cuenca, Cotopaxi, Quito, Otavalo, Riobamba, and rode on the famous Devil's Nose train. If anyone has questions/comments, feel free to join in.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Who who?

Do we know you? Any any reason not to tell about your trip on the Latin American forum?<BR>

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Hiho

Dear W.W.<BR><BR>I am not sure if you know me, though some others on this board probably do know me. I often contribute to the Europe board, and just wanted to say that I was back from vacation. Yes, my vacation was in S.A., ratehr than Europe, but I didn't think it would hurt to add a sentence or two about my experience there. And by the way, I made a posting on Ecuador on the Latin America board.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:00 AM
xcx

Welcome back Howard

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Hiho

Dear xcx<BR><BR>Thanx

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Mememe

Hi everyone--<BR><BR>I want to join in here to tell everyone about my trip to pick up my laundry in San Bernardino, California. It is a lovely town, full of cultural influences of nearby Riverside and Redlands. My shirts were beautifully pressed by charming native people.<BR><BR>I know that this has nothing to do with Europe, but because I am such an important person on this board I just naturally thought that everyone would be fascinated by my every move.<BR><BR>I am planning to have coffee tomorrow morning in Temecula and will post a full report.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:02 AM
umm

Which Howard is HiHo?<BR>

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Hiho

Dear me (and woe is me)<BR><BR>I will be very interested in hearing about your coffee tomorrow.<BR><BR>By the way, Ecuador does have a lot of Spanish (as in the European spanish) influence...even for the casual tourist. I think a lot of people on this board don't know much about Ecuador. This may broaden their horizons a bit. <BR><BR>By the way, your coffee probably comes from Colombia, which is also in South America...so why don't you stick to the Fodor's Latin America board?

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:13 AM
mimiosa

did you bring your pereo?

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:14 AM
xcx

Does HBINDC ring a bell, Howard?

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Hiho

Dear x - ding dong<BR><BR>Dear mimi - I did not bring a pareo...I save those for European trips.<BR><BR>However, I am starting to think we are all digressing a bit too much here. I merely wanted to state that I had a good time on vacation.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Skippy

<BR><BR>There's a Euro in Ecuador!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 10:05 AM
xxx

There is a Euro (spanish flavor) in Ecuador, and the official currency of Ecuador is the US dollar. Boy, how we are all interconnected!

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 03:40 PM
xxx

What a clever little lurker you are, dumas...<BR>

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Justine

Mememe,<BR><BR>Did you spend the night at the Riverside Inn? Important people have stayed there.