Just back from Prague, Brno & Vienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is WOW! My husband and I had such a great time. On a scale of 1 to 10, the weather for 11 out of 13 days was just perfect, which only enhanced the beauty of the places we visited!

Thanks to all who helped plan our trip. We were especially happy with Jay Pesta ([email protected]) to guide us on a walking tour of Prague. He had a plethora of knowledge and was a treat to spend the day with. We also found Hotel Mala Strana to be a good value. While customer service was not with a smile, the hotel room was large with bedroom and sitting room and the walk across Legion Bridge was only minutes. Here's that info:
Hotel Residence Mala Strana Praha Czech Republic. Melnicka 9, 150 00 Praha 1 150 00 Prague 1 Czech Republic. PHONE: +420 2 51 51 03 72.

In Vienna, we stayed a Pension Suzanne and this is a GREAT location right smack dab in the city center. We really enjoyed being only minutes away from the heart of the district. They were also quite nice and helpful. Here's that information: Walfischgasse 4, A-1010 Wien

Tel.: +43 1 513 25 07
Fax: +43 1 513 25 00

e-mail: [email protected]
www.pension-suzanne.at

That's all for now! Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

ally
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:36 PM
yk

Glad that you enjoyed your stay at Pension Suzanne.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:50 PM

Cant wait to hear more about Prague, I leave Wednesday. Any great eateries I should know about?
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 02:27 PM

If you are in Vinohrady (Prage 2), you should definitely try the Louis Armstrong restaurant on Italska. I stumbled across it this summer, and LOVED it. I should mention that I am a professional musician, and the decorations alone were awesome (memorabilia everywhere you look). It is a slice of Americana, but with a Czech twist. Menu is extensive, but not expensive.

I was so impressed by the place, I made a special trip out to the other location on Cermakova (on August 4th, which is Louis Armstrong's birthday!). It was far from impressive, although the food was just as good. The Cermakova location is small, but the Italska location is great. Tram line & metro stops (Namesti Miru) are very close to the place, so you can get there quickly from anywhere.

http://www.louisarmstrong.cz/restauraceitalska.htm

If you are in the Mala Strana area, check out U Schnellu. Get the Kozel dark beer. (Have a large one for me!!). Great Czech food with nice specials.
Convenient for food before or after a trip to the castle area.

Location: Tomasska 2 - Prague 1 (Mala Strana) - near tram stop Malostranska Nam.

Nearby is St Thomas church & the famous St Nicholas church. Even if you are not religious, you should see them. You cannot find such splendor anywhere else. Unbelievable. If you do happen to be looking for a mass, St Thomas has English mass at 11 AM, I believe, on Sundays. 6 PM vigil on Sat.

Have a nice trip.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM

Thanks Amp, I'm going to try these reco's.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good trip. Take care, Jackie.
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 12:27 PM

I am intrested in your thoughts on Brno. I had to go there to meet up with people and we ended up staying 2 nights. I was pleasently surprised with the place.