Jury's Great Russell Hotel

Sep 27th, 2001, 11:25 AM
Lynn

Jury's Great Russell Hotel

I was wondering if anyone had some comments or opinion of the Jury's Great Russell Hotel. I was given what seems to be a good price on a package and this was one of the hotels they mentioned - also supposed to be a 4 star - and within seconds of the British Museum.....can anyone help me? Thank you.

Sep 27th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Dick

Lynn,

Someone might be glad to help you out if they knew what you were talking about. Why didn't you mention England and maybe even London? I assume that is where this great place is.

Be specific in your requests. It saves a lot of time for others.

Dick

Sep 27th, 2001, 12:09 PM
s.fowler

If you mean the hotel on Russell Square -- it has gotten very mixed reviews on this forum. You might try a search putting the word russell in the text search box and selecting united Kingdom in the country box.

Sep 27th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Lynn

Thank you Dick ...

Due to my oversight, I had left out in my post was that I was interested in knowing of anyone's opinions or experience staying at the Jury's Great Russell Hotel, on Great Russell Street, within walking distance of the British Museum, that is in London, England...(Bloomsbury area?)

In research, I cannot find any reviews - other than ads to book a room. I thought maybe there would be someone on this site that would have some helpful information regarding the above mentioned hotel.

Sep 27th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Philip

Just so everyone is on the same page:

I think Lynn is speaking of Jury's Great Russell Hotel at 16-22 Great Russell Street

NOT the Russell Hotel on Russell Square

Sep 27th, 2001, 04:38 PM
nigel

Jeeez ...Dick-if your time is so valuable and seemingly short, what are you doing reading posts?
Lynn-others - with more patience and imagination (somehow I guessed all by myself that the British Museum was in London! ) will probably have something nice to say-keep trying! Ta!

Sep 27th, 2001, 06:47 PM
Milly

Dick your name suits you. You are a DICK! For those of us who know of the hotel (and we're the only ones who should respond to the question giving advice) we really don't have to know the city!!!!

Sep 27th, 2001, 10:36 PM
jh

Dick, where else would the British museum be.

Sep 28th, 2001, 04:27 AM
Edmond O`Flaherty

This hotel is quite a decent one with rooms of different sizes available from about 100 to 200.It has a lot of facilities and you can read all about it in www.juryshotels.ie.They have other branches in UK and Ireland including Jurys Inns which are cheaper.

Sep 28th, 2001, 06:59 AM
Tate

Lynn-See there are more kind people in the world than Dicks!!
Enjoy London!!

Sep 28th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Lynn

Thank you Edmond - and to the rest, thank you for your posts too - I was so shocked by the tone of "Dick's" message that I dared not respond in kind, I figured he just does not have the communications skills that are needed in order to SOUND helpful and friendly ....maybe after reading these posts he can work on his communication skills, or realize how he may have sounded in his post....and in the future alter the way he writes posts.