June Trip to Rome - Hotel for 4 days

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June Trip to Rome - Hotel for 4 days

My wife and I are traveling to Rome in June and we are trying to locate a hotel or apartment for 4 days. We want it centrally located to the major attractions, i.e., Vatican, Colosseum, Pantheon, Forum, etc. with mass transit options available. (We will not have a car) Also, we are trying to keep our costs down. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks!
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:48 PM

What do you mean, mass tansit? By the train station? Or near a bus stop? I've never taken a bus or the metro in Rome.

And without knowing your budget. my sister and I rented a studio apartment on Via dei Cappellari from www.realrome.com last May. Cheap and perfectly located for walking to all the sights. Key is kinda tricky/sticky in the front door. Otherwise, no problems.

I'm sure you'll get more, probably better suggestions.

Enjoy Rome, my favorite city.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:55 PM

Oops, forgot to mention I've stayed at higher-priced places--and even lower-priced!--in Rome too (really liked the Del Senato). But it's hard to know what you're looking for without a rough idea of budget.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. Really looking for reasonably priced accomodations. Inexpensive is definitely a consideration but not at the expense of safety or cleanliness. This is the first left of a 14 day trip. Rome, Pisa, Florence, Pompeii. Trying to pack it all in! I must be insane.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Neopolitan

OK, if you wan't say, let's try this.
How about $200 US a night? Is that "reasonable"?

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Oh sorry! Looking at around $100 - $130 US Dollars for a place. I'm sorry - didn't mean to be so vague.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 07:43 PM

We stayed at http://www.hotelpanda.it/, near the Spanish Steps, around your budget. Also, there's a metro station nearby that we used.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 08:42 PM

5 of us stayed in 2 rooms at this B&B, located near the Forum:
nicolasinn.com

It was great; if you do a search on this site under Nicolas Inn, you will find a lot of details. The only problem is it has just 5 rooms and besides good reviews on this site, it has a good rating on Tripadvisor.com, so it is hard to get in.

But go to the website, check it out and contact them if you are interested; the American owner Melissa (married to an Italian/French/Lebanese man, Francois) is extremely helpful and may have suggestions if they are full.