Reload this Page >

June, July, or August?

Search

June, July, or August?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 09:32 PM
jan

June, July, or August?

We can only go in June, July, or August. Which of these is best for weather? Crowds?

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:54 PM
janis

Uh - where exactly are you asking about????

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:58 PM
jan

Sorry--I'm asking about Ireland. Hope to do much of the island. Thanks.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 11:21 PM
janis

A hint. Re post with Ireland in your title. I assume you clicked on "Ireland" when you posted. Well that just allows someone to search for a specific region. Most folks skip generic thread titles since tgher are just too many to read them all. You want a lot of people with knowledge of Ireland to read yours.<BR><BR>That being said - all 3 months are fine. the worst crowds are only in Late July and August. The weather will be fine - warmer in August but a little drier in June. Airfares are much lower in June.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Linda

We traveled the last of June, beginning of July. We had terrific weather. One day of showers out of 11. We had afew cases of "sun showers" that lasts 5 min or so, but then the sun was out. It was not hot but we went in shirtsleeves during the day. To me the crowds were not bad. We never had a problem eating out or such.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 01:31 PM
pamr

Definetly June - we went the 3rd week in June - one day of rain all week, no crowds anywhere - it was great! The weather was cool - I'd pack a few sweatshirts & a couple pairs of pants - be sure to take shorts as well, and a raincoat.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Ann

August is your best bet for weather. But you really can never ever count on weather in Ireland.<BR><BR>If you're going into Northern Ireland, don't go during July. That's marching season, and it just makes sense not to go then.<BR><BR>June can still be pretty rainy, but so can every month in Ireland.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Sam I Am

- Jan, with regards to the weather, there's a reason why Ireland is called the "Emerald Isle". Why is so green? Rain, rain, rain<BR><BR>Pick June. Better to avoid the madding crowds in late July & August and "risk" a few more raindrops.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Sam I Am

- Jan, with regards to the weather, there's a reason why Ireland is called the "Emerald Isle". Why is it so green? Rain, rain, rain.<BR><BR>Pick June. Better to avoid the madding crowds in late July & August and "risk" a few more raindrops.