Help navigating from Heathrow terminals 3 & 4 to Central Bus Station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am arriving at Heathrow Term. 3, and daughter arriving at Terminal 4 at approximately the same time. We will be taking bus to Reading to catch train to Truro, so need to meet somewhere at Central Bus Station. Any suggestions as to where we can find each other? Hear the place can be a bit of a zoo...Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM

I've no idea what "a bit of a zoo" is supposed to mean.

You walk (10 mins max) to the bus station: your daughter gets the free Heathrow Connect train to T1/3 (allowing 30 mins from exiting Customs, since she may well have to waity for the next train) then follows the signs to the bus station, which is almost directly above the subterranean railway station.

There's a covered central travel centre, open 0600-2300, which includes a seated area attached to a coffeeshop. Sometimes busy. sometimes not - but impossible to miss each other. Probably best NOT to agree to meet at or near the adjacent, external, bus stands
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 09:47 PM

The signage at Heathrow is pretty good. It may get crowded, but the signs are well above head level.

Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are arranged around the central bus station, but T4 is on the other side of the airport so requires the train:
http://www.heathrowairport.com/heath...e/airport-maps
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 10:26 AM

The info given is great. We recently went through Heathrow and it's a nightmare. Our returm was via AMS that was a pleasure. It reminded me of an add that KLM used to run in the Scottish press, "Why get clogged up at Heathrow."
All the best for your trip and Ihope you don't get "clogged up"!!!
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM

I have gone to that central bus station several times - it may take you more than flanner's 'max 5 minutes' - I wonder if he indeed has ever walked it with luggage it tow - I doubt it - there is a circuitous marked route if I recall right going up and down and all around. Just be at the right bus stand for Reading buses and yup that part is correct - easy to find but have a backup plan - always have a back up plan if sans mobile phone!
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 06:34 AM

Your trip may or may not be over already -- but Flanner's right, you will have no trouble at all finding each other if you say 'let's meet in the seating area of the Central Bus Station.' It's not that big -- under 100 chairs, I would guess. There aren't any corners or places where people could be sitting out of sight.