Search

July in Europe with 6 and 3 year old

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
July in Europe with 6 and 3 year old

Hi,
Please could someone offer me some advice. We are an active family with two girls. Our last holiday was 2 weeks in portugal, week in Cascais, 2 nights in Evora (exploring the walled city) and then 6 nights in Sintra. We need a destination that suits the girls, isn't too hot (in July) and that we can travel round a little bit, so 2/3 places In two weeks. We go to spain at other times of the year so don't want to go there and we don't want just a two week package holiday. We also like staying in 4/5 star places!! We have so far discussed France, Austria, Sweden....we would love a place that also has a kids club but isn't too touristy....does anything like this exist?!!! Any help would be gratefully received! x
Old Feb 5th, 2017, 01:35 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Scotland comes to mind Someplace like

http://www.kilconquharcastle.co.uk

or

http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/...arroch-suites/
Old Feb 6th, 2017, 02:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you...we've just moved down south having lived in the Lake District so done some road trips up there already.. I'm also after a little bit of sun...which isn't garenteed in Scotland?!
Old Feb 6th, 2017, 04:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The whole river along the Mosel is lovely with camp grounds and local swimming pools, take gite.

A friend of mine with a small daughter did the same on the Rhine near Strasbourg and loved it.
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 02:06 AM

If you are planning to go to Paris, you might consider Marriott Village near DLP.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/marr...=total;ucfs=1&

This is an excellent resort with plenty to do for both kids and adults, though it is a bit expensive.
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 10:39 AM

It could very well be hot and crowded, but there are a million things for kids to do in the Dordogne (canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, caves, markets, festivals...). It's certainly not a resort area, though, and I doubt there are "kids' clubs" here, though I'm not even sure what they are.
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 11:54 AM

I second St-Cirq's suggestion of southern France - does not matter where really as it all is gorgeous and lots of neat towns, villages, famous caves, castles, etc.

How about renting a caravan (RV) in a campground - French and European camps are full of families - have lots of kids play areas and rooms and swimming pools - a great way of moving in with the locals- not just French but families from all over Europe.

Maybe fly into Paris - spend some time there - take train to say Loire Valley -rent a car - visit famous chateaux and drive south to some nice well-equipped camping site - many have RVs in place to rent out.