Reload this Page >

Jo Goldenberg's Marais Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 09:01 AM
Dave

<BR>Read on one of the Paris websites <BR>that there is a rumor that one of <BR>the Paris landmarks,Jo Goldenberg's <BR>restaurant in the Marais might close <BR>down.Hope this is just a rumor. A <BR>visit to this section of Paris would <BR>not be complete without lunch or <BR>dinner at Jo Goldenberg's..Any <BR>information? Thanks...

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 10:27 AM
don

I do not know about the rumour, but I beg to differ about the loss. I had my only bad meal in Paris there!( worst chicken with matzoh ball soup ever!) Now, if the Sacha Finkelsztajn pastry shop would close, THAT would be a tragedy!

Old Oct 3rd, 1999, 04:10 PM
pat jones

<BR>on our visit to the marais we had a great lunch at jo goldenburgs. he sat with us at our table and gave us evry regard, as if we were famous..the deli food was great, maybe not the absolute best, but the ambience and history will bring us back again. <BR>

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 09:20 AM
Myer

We had lunch at an outside table beginning of July (99). It was alive and well then. Had a good deli sandwhich. Good part of the trip. We had never walked around the Marais and Place des Vosges.

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 05:52 AM
edna

We had a horrible meal there in May!

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 04:46 PM
Sara

Unfortunately, I have to agree with those who did not like the food there. Worst stuffed cabbage I've ever had.

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 06:45 AM
janine

I have to know: <BR> <BR>I haven't yet eaten at Goldenberg's on trips to Paris (so many restos, so little time), but had planned to some time. <BR> <BR>All of you who are panning it, do you really know what good deli is? I once ate at a deli in Washington that had been popular for ages, and they put mayo in the chopped liver! So, as you can see, different strokes...

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 07:22 AM
don

Yes, I do!

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 07:55 AM
Kimberley

I've got to jump in and say in my dad's defense (he posted above that he had a good deli sandwich) that he does, indeed, know what god deli is! We're born and raised in Montreal: home of smoked meat and Schwartz's delicatessan on the main. I've never been to Jo Goldenberg's, but if my dad says it was good deli...I have faith that it was! KK

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 10:25 AM
janine

I guess I'll just have to try it myself. Thanks, guys. I guess it's a good thing everybody doesn't want the same things!