Jim

Mar 6th, 1999, 09:49 AM
catherine

Jim

Well I am really bored today.I have serious cabin fever. We have a major blizzard going on here in Canada.I can't get out to the shops or the library.I have responded to all the questions That I can on the forum.So I thought I would try a new topic.
I read a while ago that Jim Morrison's family wanted to bring his body back to the states.At first I thought,Oh No, leave him where he is.I am a big Doors fan.Then I thought about his grave site in Pere Lachaise.Poor Jim he isn't being allowed any peace.Every day hundreds of people visit the grave.On his birthday and anniversary of his death,there are big parties at the grave.He isn't being treated with the reverence he deserves.Every time I have been to the grave it has been littered with ciggarette butts and wine/beer bottles.Jim was too intelligent to want that kind of thing.I think it's probably a good thing if he sleeps in his own country.

Mar 6th, 1999, 01:09 PM
Walter

Also have cabin fever but due to a cold. Cathrine wrote "He isn't being treated with the reverence he deserves". Have you ever read about how *he* treated people? His hatred towards his parents and himself, his detestable behavior towards close friends, bandmembers, fans, women, and basically everyone. I have been a Doors fan for over 30yr but never believed in the mystical Morrison myth. But I do agree with you, he was *very* intelligent and they should remove him from the Pere Lachaise (but for different reasons). Catherine, no flames were intended and good-luck with your blizzard and cabin fever.
Regards, Walter

Mar 6th, 1999, 01:16 PM
Walter

Also have cabin fever but due to a cold. Cathrine wrote "He isn't being treated with the reverence he deserves". Have you ever read about how *he* treated people? His hatred towards his parents and himself, his detestable behavior towards close friends, bandmembers, fans, women, and basically everyone. I have been a Doors fan for over 30yr but never believed in the mystical Morrison myth. But I do agree with you, he was *very* intelligent and they should remove him from the Pere Lachaise (but for different reasons). Catherine, no flames were intended and good-luck with your blizzard and cabin fever.
Regards, Walter

Mar 7th, 1999, 08:12 AM
catherine

Hi Walter,Sorry about your cold.I wish I had one.I would like to get sick before my big trip.There is nothing worse than feeling ill on holiday and it happens to me a lot.
I wasn't scorched by your comments.I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Jim was nasty to people because he had to be.He was surrounded by leeches and hangers on,they were drawn in because of his fabulous charisma.His parents were ultra right wing conservatives.How was he supposed to survive?Nobody understood him.Because of his high mind, he walked on this earth a lonley soul.I think he deserves reverence.Anyone dead shouldn't have their grave desacrated,except maybe mass murderers.Walter I know you think this is b.s.,but I get quite passionate about Jim.
It would be interesting to know why you think he should be brought back to the States.

Mar 7th, 1999, 05:07 PM
Judy

Why oh why do people (especially women) make excuses for addicts and abusers of women as "long as they have talent"?

Get over it Catherine. There are so many more importan things you can do with your spare time.

Mar 8th, 1999, 01:07 AM
Jackie

Well, I'm a woman too and have been a huge Jim Morrison fan for...wow, it's been 31 years now! Amazing. Longer than Jim was even alive. First off Catherine that is just a silly rumor about moving Jim's body. It will not be done, that's a fact. If you have doubts check out the Doors newsgroup or any of the hundreds of Doors/Morrison web sites. I've been to his grave 5 times over the years. Crowds keep getting bigger and *younger* every year. Last time I was there there were about a hundred teens there. Italian 13 year old girls just crying and crying as though he died yesterday. Walter, don't believe the *crap* about JM that they dished out in Oliver Stones " Doors" film. That film......gggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I think the only person who hated Jim more than O Stone was Jim's father. Who by the way *inherited multi-millions* from Jim *and did not buy a headstone for his grave* until the early 1990s. Twenty years and his parent's wouldn't spend $100 on a marker but they accepted multi-millions for his estate readily. If you mention the statue that used to be on Jim's grave that was left there by a fan in the late 1970s (I saw it when it was new).

Mar 8th, 1999, 05:34 PM
Walter

Judy, I've always wondered the same thing (esp. with women. Jackie, I formed my opinion on Morrison yrs before the movie. Which I thought portrayed him in a kinder light. Catherine, if they moved him then his fans couldn't desecrate any more graves with graffiti and litter. He seperated himself from his parents, and I find it hard to believe a mother would stop loving her child over political/cultural differences. As far as his friends being leeches/hanger on's, he was free to choose his friends. BTW didn't he punch-out Janis Joplin at a party once? Honestly I try never to "rain on anyone's parade" but Morrison was not a nice person. He was a hippie-era (peace/love/us) rock star that would have fit in better in the punk rock era (fight/hate/me). "In life we always admire the myth, instead of the man". As always Regards, Walter

Mar 9th, 1999, 09:43 AM
catherine

I think it's chemistry.Chemistry is one of lifes intangibles.I fell in love with my husband because of it.I think it's powerfull stuff.

Mar 13th, 1999, 10:42 AM
joel

After reading all the postings above, it looks like women are more pro-Jim than men, but more than anything, he remains as controversial as ever he was. My own feelings are that he was one of the great personas of rock, he certainly helped give form to 60's rock, and like many/most great men and women, he will be loved and hated because of his uniqueness. I think "Light My Fire" stands next to a short list of other rock icons such as Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven". For my money though, "Spanish Caravans", even though it's a rearrangement of a classical piece written forl guitar, is my favorite.
And I say, leave him in France: the city is apropos of Jim.

Mar 13th, 1999, 05:51 PM
sarag

It is my understanding that the cemetary is the one who wants him out.
i don't blame the cemetary. its hard to honor the dead (guess what...there are a lot of other people buried in that cemetary) when fans of one resident seem to overwhelm the place. These fans tend to be rather disruptful and disrespectful to the other residents. I saw one individual who brought his pet rat. its appears to be more of a party and fashion (or anti fashion) show. It would appear they have to increase the security and the clean up people due to his plot.
All in all i would think it would be an easy decision for them to make. If my understanding is correct, these types of cemetaries don't guarantee a "lifetime" spot.

Mar 13th, 1999, 06:38 PM
Lynne

I'm SO glad I ran across your postings! I'm taking my 18-year-old daughter to Paris for the first time in two weeks, and the thing she wants most to do is visit that grave. However, several of her friends have insisted that he's already been moved and, of course,she doesn't believe her mother, despite my showing her numerous current guidebooks. May I assume from those of you more knowledgeable that the sight she most yearns to see is intact?

Mar 14th, 1999, 01:32 AM
Marty

People, Jim is still buried at Pere LaChaise and there are NO PLANS at all to remove him! NONE. This rumor is a very old one that is very dead if you ever take one glance at the Doors Usenet group or any of the hundreds of Jim web sites there are out on the Net. Mention this old rumor there and you will be laughed into next year. Jim Morrison is buried in Paris and there he shall remain!

Oct 13th, 2000, 08:43 AM
Topper

I thought I would bring this past thread up for the recent question about Jim Morrison's grave.

Oct 13th, 2000, 10:47 AM
Sal

Topper, you are an interesting subject yourself. Who are you?