Reload this Page >

JFK: Total Confusion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 07:59 AM
Marion

I checked with the terminal maps, etc. on www.Quickaid.com for JFK -- Iberia is located in terminal 8. <BR> <BR>The Money Exchange is "located in all terminals except the Tower Air terminal" but then the map shows only locations in Terminals 2, 3 & 4. <BR> <BR>Does anyone know what the actual reality is?? <BR>Thanks.

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 10:04 AM
Neal Sanders

Marion, JFK is now broke into nine terminals... they're in eight buildings and four "clusters" (the source of the original "Terminal 1-4"). <BR> <BR>See http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/jtframe.htm for a current map of the airport terminal configuration. Per the same web site, it affirms that there are currency exchange counters at each terminal (except Tower Air). <BR> <BR>Which brings up the question, why change money at JFK? The rates will not be nearly as good as they will be in Europe. My experience is that US airports offer about 85-90% of what I can get at a gateway airport in Europe. <BR>

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 07:44 AM
Peter

Th currancy exchange counter at JFK terminal 8 is on the departure level (next to main check-in area) There are no lines As a matter of fact they mostly have no clients. If you flying from US and would like few of foreign bucks, call your local banks, most have a branch that deals with exchange. But really - exchange your money at the destination (you will get better rates). If you are flying to US, once at the destination city just call few banks for the best rate (but not at JFK or other airports). I agree with previous response, you will get ripped off.

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 07:49 AM
Peter

Th currancy exchange counter at JFK terminal 8 is on the departure level (next to main check-in area) There are no lines As a matter of fact they mostly have no clients. If you flying from US and would like few of foreign bucks, call your local banks, most have a branch that deals with exchange. But really - exchange your money at the destination (you will get better rates). If you are flying to US, once at the destination city just call few banks for the best rate (but not at JFK or other airports). I agree with previous response, you will get ripped off. <BR> <BR>As a side info... JFK is getting a face lift, and it is for better... but I guess they have not hire any programmers to do or update their web pages <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip...

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 07:50 AM
Peter

Th currancy exchange counter at JFK terminal 8 is on the departure level (next to main check-in area) There are no lines As a matter of fact they mostly have no clients. If you flying from US and would like few of foreign bucks, call your local banks, most have a branch that deals with exchange. But really - exchange your money at the destination (you will get better rates). If you are flying to US, once at the destination city just call few banks for the best rate (but not at JFK or other airports). I agree with previous response, you will get ripped off. <BR> <BR>As a side info... JFK is getting a face lift, and it is for better... but I guess they have not hire any programmers to do or update their web pages <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip...