Search

Jet Lag

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 06:58 AM
M

Jet Lag

We like walking around better than city-tour busses for first day after red-eye fight. Last time we took bus and ended up dozing with our heads hanging out the windows,and missed our stop!

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 07:08 AM
stacey

M ! I agree for the most part. Two years ago, I missed about 30 minutes of the tour around Cambridge! Walking for a while did me a world of good!

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 07:09 AM
Gigi

I know the feeling! We did the same thing last year in Barcelona on the double decker bus! And, it was cold as well! <BR> <BR>After reading the ideas on how to beat jet lag, I went out and purchased melatonin. Both nights I have taken it, <BR>I woke up at 2 a.m.!!! HA! So much for that one! <BR> <BR>You'll know it's me next week. I'll be the woman in black, on the top of the bus, looking like hell, sleeping my way through Paris! <BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 11:20 AM
Patti Suttle

Gigi <BR>Lucky you! Have a great time and please let us know about your trip! I am going for the first time to Paris this summer-can't wait! <BR>Have fun! <BR>Patti

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 11:37 AM
Patrick

Once on our first day in London, late into the evening we were riding the tube, crowded so I was standing up holding onto the strap. One of our group was talking to me and noticed my eyes were closed. They all gathered around, kept talking, and discovered I was sound asleep -- standing up with my hand still firmly clenched around the strap. And I can't even sleep on airplanes!!

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 11:40 AM
Meg

Try ENADAlert jet lag pills. There was a recent article in our local paper a few months ago. It's available at GNC stores. It helped us recover both going and coming home. Good luck.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 01:30 PM
Sue

My voodoo chiropractor (so-named by my husband) recommends the following: just before the wheels touch down, rub the lymph nodes under your left armpit on the same line as your breast, then start at the top of both ears and pull out several times as you descend to the lobes. It's supposed to open your energy circuits or some such, but it does seem to help. (this is not a joke, or at least it's not supposed to be) <BR> <BR>We like to go to Greenwich our first day in London and walk around there.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 03:54 PM
StCirq

&lt;&lt;rub the lymph nodes under your left armpit on the same line as your breast, then start at the top of both ears and pull out several times as you descend to the lobes&gt;&gt; <BR> <BR>Whoa!!! That's novel. But some people will try anything, including me. I'm fine going over, but am a complete wreck going east to west.