Reload this Page >

La Tonnarella or La Minervetta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Darcie Simpson

Hi everyone,<BR><BR>We are staying in Sorrento for three nights in mid-May and we have a choice of either La Tonnarella or La Minervetta. Both have rooms available and the rates are good. La Minervetta is quite a bit (~40 euros per night) cheaper, but either price is fine.<BR><BR>Any thoughts on one versus the other? How long a walk from the center of town would each of these be? Is La Minervetta more plain, is this why the rate is cheaper?<BR><BR>Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Darcie

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Vincenzo

Darcie,<BR>La Tonnarella and La Minervetta seem two twin. The same place, the same distance from the center of Sorrento, the same side of the road. My suggest is La Tonnarella if your accommodation is not B&B, so that you'll dine in hotel. Restaurant of La Tonnarella is very good.<BR>Have a nice trip.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Paul

La Tonnarella<BR><BR>

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Paul

Stayed at the La Tonnarella Sept of 2000 and had a great experience as it was our first visit to Sorrento. It's a bit quirky but the rooms are nice-many with fantastic balconies and views(ours didn't) but there are some nice common areas and even a roof top terrace. The management is aloof-several of the guests/rooms were w/o hot water and it took two days to fix after we all reported it. Walk into town is downhill and about 15 mins but definitely uphill and tougher on the way back. There is also a secluded rocky beach accessible from w/i the hotel. I thought the value was great, good parking, nice place--just a little odd with the mgmt. Ciao!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Barb

Stayed at La Minervetta last Oct and loved it. The staff were great, especially the waiters. The food was the best, we ate there every night. The view was fabulous. Hated to leave.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Paul

We stayed at La Tonnarella in Sept, 2000 also. Try for Room #2 - large terrace/balcony right out over the water! A wonderful location.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:09 PM
peter

la tonnarella gets pouir vote. good food and great views. beach is rocky and there are several good rest. in downtown sorrento

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Rae Dawn

Which room is the corner room with two balconies? Is this the best room? I read on another post that rooms 1-5 are the best. True? Thanx.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Rae Dawn

Sorry, too eager to post. I am questioning the La Tonarella Hotel.