Reload this Page >

Jacket Required?

Search

Jacket Required?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:17 AM
Anne

Jacket Required?

We're going to Paris on Sunday (Yippee!!) <BR>Sorry , but ANOTHER clothing question: <BR>Should my husband take a jacket (blazer) to wear at the slightly fancier restaurants? ie not the bistros, but I'd expect a jacket + tie to be required at the really fancy ones. <BR>Thanks in advance for your replies. Any other last minute hints also appreciated. <BR>PS My boss will be pleased when I go, I won't be spending so much time on this site!!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:25 AM
brett

In August, I'm not sure I would worry about a jacket. Most of the top restaurants that require Jacket and tie, like Taillevent and Alain Ducasse, close in August. <BR> <BR>Howeer, if your husband has the room in his bag, it can't hurt to have it just in case.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:06 AM
Bob

Remember in Paris you don't have to go to a 'fine' or 'fancier' restaurant to get a GREAT meal. The best meal we had in Paris was at a place just around the corner from our hotel and for only 145ff plus wine.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:18 AM
Hiho

Don't we just love these clothes questions!!!!!! <BR> <BR>Dear Anne - what do you mean by "slightlier"? That will help us all answer. Surely there are Parisian boites in between a simple bistro and Ducasse. Do you mean the very fanciest or medium fancy or a little fancy, or what?

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:17 AM
Christina

yes if you are talking nice restaurant

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:10 PM
opi

hi just got back, wore a black blazer on sat nite in a lovely rest near the arc felt great wearing it everybody was dressed there still paid under a $100 for 2 . had a great meal there with a great chocolate dessert

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:44 PM
Anne

Thanks for your suggestions. I think we'll take the jacket then see how we feel while there. <BR> <BR>Message to Hiho: <BR>You're right, there are a lot of different types of restaurants. I guess I should've said I was thinking of somewhere like the new "baby bistros" (as they're being called) run by chefs like Michel Rostang, etc. I'm not into the top of the line places. <BR> <BR>By the way, I have to laugh (at myself)about these clothing questions because when I first started on this site I used to read them avidly, as well as everything else, because I too feared looking too provincial in the "big city"! <BR>