Search

Ja Ja Kobenhavn Unt then Hvad

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ja Ja Kobenhavn Unt then Hvad

Greetings Fordophiles,
I have pieced together this message title from the back of Fodor's Denmark. They didn't have Danish for "and' and "then" so I've improvised. Hope you can understand. The big question is what to do after Kobenhavn. We will be there 6 nights and get around the country as much as possible, but then we have another 8 days to explore. We are debating either the Norwegian fjords (Hardangerfjord) which we would do by ferry if it wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg to get there, or head south into Germany. Any thoughts? What would you do?
Dr. Betty
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:33 AM
ira

t
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Ira. It's so good to get a response and if I'm interpreting your message correctly, we should travel north forming a t. Excellent suggestion.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 06:58 AM
ira

Hi dr

You mistook my posting.

Whenever a new message is posted, it brings the thread to the top of the list. You were down in the 100's, so I "topped" your question.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Ira, if you are Topper, then hello.

I really have to make do with whatever response I get and since "t" was posted as a reply to my post I'm going to make the best of it. If Kobenhavn is the botton part of the "t" we'll travel a little south and then up to northern Denmark and take a boat to the fjords. I am looking into the Color Line. The other possibility is to fly from Kobenhavn to Bergen round trip since we depart home again from that base. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or info on how to get to the Norwegian fjords from Denmark?
Dr. Betty

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:19 AM

We loved the Norwegian fjords. I would fly from Copenhagen to Oslo, spend the night in Oslo, since there are some interesting things to do there, and then take the train to Bergen. The train ride is very scenic. Spend a couple of nights in Bergen and then head out for the fjords. Take the Nutshell trip from Myrdal to Flam and then the boat and bus to the Stalheim. Spend the night at the Stalheim. The next morning you can easily connect to a bus/boat to go across the Sognefjord to Balestrand. Spend some time at Kviknes, enoying the beauty of the Norwegian fjords. Take the boat back to Bergen and fly to Copenhagen from Bergen, or if you must take the train to Oslo and fly back to Copenhagen from there. Norway is wonderful!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Marija. This gives me something to work with.
Dr. B.