COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Ivalo to Helsinki

Old Dec 26th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Ivalo to Helsinki

Hi everyone. I made a mistake when booking flights from Ivalo to Helsinki. As a result, my flight arrives into Helsinki an hour after my next flight to the US departs! In my research it looks like there are just two daily flights from Ivalo and neither gets in early enough. My question is, Are there other ways to get from Ivalo to Helsinki? Train, perhaps? I would need to arrive to Helsinki airport by about noon. Thanks!!
Old Dec 26th, 2017, 01:14 PM

Train, perhaps? I would need to arrive to Helsinki airport by about noon. Thanks!!>

Yes bus and train but takes at least 12 hours! According to www.bahn.de/en which is very reliable.

Fly the day before I guess is the only way.
Old Dec 26th, 2017, 02:00 PM

In most cases one should be in their departure city the evening before flying out. So contact the airline and see if you can change the flight out of Ivalo to the day before. Even with a change fee it will be better than the alternatives.