Reload this Page >

Itinerary suggestions?

Search

Itinerary suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Candace

Itinerary suggestions?

We will have a villa the whole time in Super Cannes 5/25 thru 6/7/03. We plan to go to Eze one day, Monaco another day (should we include Menton w/Monaco?), one day drive to Avignon/ArlesAix en Provence as I'm a history buff - Can these 3 be done in one day or should we spend the night away from the villa?, another day Antibes(Picasso Musee)/St. Jean Cap Ferrat(Rothchild Villa) and could we include Vence and St. Paul de Vence (Maeght art Museum)or should that be separate day? Another day do the Train des Pignes - does anyone know if we should group this train ride with another site of interest? Also, perhaps day at Corsica? Another day in Nice (old town, Musee Matisse). Any other suggestions or recommendation for priority of order - my prefer quaint and beautiful places. I loved Paris.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Wayne

I really think Avignon/Arles/Aix would be way too much for a day trip, especially considering the time to get there and back to Cannes. You ought to pick a place to stay overnight in that area. And you certainly shouldn't take a day trip to Corsica; please plan at least to stay one night and get a feel for the place. (Best is to get a discount airline flight over and back.)<BR><BR>The rest of your plans sound OK, but be prepared to adapt to real life when you get there. What I mean is, don't be so fixated on your plans that you will try to see them through regardless of unexpected problems. Plan well, roll with the punches, and enjoy what comes out.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 12:56 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I think this is a case of "better to see all you wish in one place than regret missing many things in many places" ?<BR><BR>If you go to Arles, you should also see Nimes, Pont du Gard, Aigues Mortes etc<BR><BR>There is enough to see around Cote d'Azur in 2 weeks.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>Languedoc, France<BR>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/weather/historical/historical.htm<BR><BR>

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Wayne

Thank you for your kind reply. Yes, that is what I thought we should stay over night. I also plan to see Nimes, Pont du Gard. I figured since I am a history buff I would really enjoy seeing the roman ruins. Do you think Corsica is worth the visit? I mean considering all the places to see. What piqued my interest was I read somewhere that it was a good place to go to see how life once was?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 02:45 PM
mpprh

Thank you for your kind reply. Yes, we will see Nimes, Pont du Gard. What is Aigues Mortes?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Wayne

Candace---I assume you used my name and fake e-mail by mistake on the recent message. To answer your question regarding Corsica: Honestly, I hate to see anyone go to Corsica for less than a 2-3 day stay at least. It's a fascinating place, with a lot of the country life not much changed from a century ago; but you need to get out into the country and away from the resort areas. However, you would probably find it fascinating even for a one-night stay if that is all you can spare. I'd say try for 2 nights.<BR>

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 12:49 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Aigues Mortes is a walled town near Nimes. It was the port where some of the crusades departed in 1100, but today the port has silted up.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>