Itinerary Motley Crew Germany, Austria, Chechia

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 6 full days in and out of Munich, travelling with 35 and 16 year old daughters and a 14 year old son. We'll have a car. Trying to determine which of these itineraries makes the most sense: 1) Prague 3 nights; drive to Salzburg, 2 nights, drive to Munich to spend night- flight next day; 2) spend whole time in Salzburg area with Salzburg or German gasthof as base; 3) a few nights in Salzburg area followed by a few in Fuessen area, loop back to Munich. Thoughts? None of the "kids" have been to this part of Europe.
Old May 10th, 2017, 12:29 PM

With just 6 full days, I'd choose to base in one place and take a day trip or two. Salzburg could be a fine base, or Prague. I understand that you need to be in Munich the night before your flight.

BTW, are you sure you want to drive? The train is more time-efficient and you don't have to worry about parking.
Old May 10th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Part of the reason for the car is that we are meeting the older daughter who is coming from China with a lot of luggage.
Old May 10th, 2017, 10:02 PM

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Basing in/around Munich would be the best option. You won't feel rushed, or lack for day trip inspiration. I would leave Prague for another holiday.
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:23 AM

I am pretty sure you mean Czechia but the only folk that use that term is Google.
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:26 AM

I would agree with others with just 6 days you can't do it all and missing out Prague seems sensible, personally one day in Salzburg would be enough for me unless you really are into Mozart and the Sound of Music.
Old May 11th, 2017, 11:52 AM

forget the car -base in Munich - leave luggage there at hotel to take train to one other place -like Salzburg or Prague but there is so much to see and do in Munich area- can just base there -day trip to Salzburg, Mad Ludwig Castles, Dachau, etc. For lots on trains check www.seat61.com; eee.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.

Or stay in hotel coming and going from Munich and leave your daughter's luggage there-pick up last night in Munich and then drive to Prague and back. Though again trains are better as cars are useless in cities for many reasons.

You do not plan to see anything in Munich?

Why only six days?